Gransnet forums

AIBU

Breasts bums and muffin tops!

(110 Posts)
Namsnanny Sun 12-May-19 14:29:09

The suns out and it’s that time again!
Can’t stand to see normal men rubber necking (twisting their necks this way and that) yo get a glimpse of young girls wobbly bits, which are more than on show this time of year!
Men’s reactions aside, I just don’t like seeing so much flesh on show, no matter what age or gender!
Before anyone asks, I too was as senseless as today’s youth, and wore revealing clothing in yesteryear!!
I guess things never change really.

Lily65 Thu 16-May-19 18:30:38

Some people indeed some cultures would regard said body parts and display of, to be most appropriate.

allassinsane Thu 16-May-19 19:13:17

Re chapel hat pegs ---Ladies headlights on full beam...

Rufus2 Fri 17-May-19 09:06:18

Re chapel hat pegs ---Ladies headlights on full beam
Allass; Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't imagine this thread going "churchey", but as a courtesy do they get lowered, i.e. dipped, on sight of an approaching gentleman, or does Mother Nature do it automatically? confused

allassinsane Sun 19-May-19 18:19:11

I think it's automatic Rufus. grin blush

Mimidl Wed 22-May-19 13:48:31

@BradfordLass72 I completely agree with you!

I will wear what I want, when I want and if someone doesn’t like it, tough.

Whether fat, skinny, wrinkly, saggy or drop dead gorgeous, you should be able to wear anything you like!

How dare others judge - I was always taught that it’s nice to be nice.

I’m surprised at some of the remarks on here.
Surprised and disappointed to be honest.

Jaxie Thu 30-May-19 11:03:29

It's difficult to cover up your bingo wings or ghastly bloated knees if most fashionable clothes are either sleeveless or above the knee in length. Bombshell make wonderful dresses, in light cotton too, but they are for women with a cleavage, which I don't have. They are also a bit too flamboyant for everyday wear. There is now a trend for tent style unwaisted dresses, but I would look ridiculous in them, so what does a girl wear besides chinos and boring long- sleeved tops?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 30-May-19 11:34:48

I have just returned from Cyprus, on show upper arms all shapes and sizes, midriffs again multi sized, lots of pregnancy bumps some covered some in bikinis, tattoos. Women of all ages.

Whatever shape or size all I noted was the smiles and confidence of these women, and beautiful and colourful clothes (wish I knew where they found them).

Pittcity Thu 30-May-19 14:51:34

Short sleeved below knee shirt dresses are back in fashion.... hooray. Got a couple of linen ones from TK Maxx.

nanjo73 Mon 01-Jul-19 09:45:10

I have a competition with friends to see who is 1st to spot the shirtless male on a sunny day! This species is usually scrawny & pale