Gransnet forums

AIBU

Gross topic, sorry

(102 Posts)
Foxygran Tue 02-Jul-19 17:13:37

Sorry, I know this is both a gross subject and a ridiculous one, but I seriously would like the benefit of your opinion. Who is being unreasonable, my dh or me?!
So, we have just sat outside on sun chairs, enjoying glorious weather and he decides to start chopping his toe nails, all the nails landing in the grass by where I sitting and where we are walking indoors and outdoors, with bare feet. I ask him to stop because I’ll be getting toe nails pressed into the soles of my feet and he is cross with me! Admittedly he stops, but now he’s moody with me. Who is being unreasonable please?!

Foxygran Wed 03-Jul-19 12:08:34

Oh BusterTank, you are so funny!???

Foxygran Wed 03-Jul-19 12:10:58

Ah, Rufus2, Goodness! The very idea! ???

Craftycat Wed 03-Jul-19 12:15:05

Need you even ask???
I do mine over the loo so I can flush them away.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 03-Jul-19 12:18:22

It is considerate to gather the clipped off toenails and put them in the bin, rather than leave them lying about. I do this and I live alone - no-one wants to step on a toenail, do they? Your DH is BU, definitely.

Phoebes Wed 03-Jul-19 12:29:02

I put my foot on the loo seat and then flush the clippings down the loo, or sit on the bed and trim them on a towel and then shake the towel over the bin.

Kartush Wed 03-Jul-19 12:39:28

I cut my husbands toenails for him so I have no issue....i mean, they are only toenails

tiredoldwoman Wed 03-Jul-19 12:59:56

I had a new friend staying with me last week . He had the spare bedroom but insisted on coming into mine to ' get a better light' to cut his toenails ! He then wanted me to look at the ghastly distorted clippings ! I'm recovering from surgery and therefore found it sickening !
He won't be allowed back ! (he left my toilet brush poohey , too ! )

tiredoldwoman Wed 03-Jul-19 13:00:55

Am I being unreasonable ?

Labaik Wed 03-Jul-19 13:13:49

I agree that the garden is a good place for toenail clipping. No matter how careful I am when indoors they always seem to shoot off in an unknown direction. Perhaps someone should invent some sort of foot enclosure to prevent this happening...

Lazigirl Wed 03-Jul-19 13:54:53

Now that I do find gross tiredoldwoman.

GabriellaG54 Wed 03-Jul-19 14:34:53

Yuk. Why doesn't he do it right after a shower or bath...IN the bathroom like everyone else?
Nails are easier to clip then.

GabriellaG54 Wed 03-Jul-19 14:38:11

tiredoldwoman
Get better friends.
Why didn't he see to that sort of thing before visiting you?
Some people....?

Joplin Wed 03-Jul-19 14:42:54

Just a sheet of newspaper under each foot to collect the clippings would have made life simpler all round. Stubborn man.

Aepgirl Wed 03-Jul-19 14:45:51

I think you are being far too fussy, Foxygran.

GabriellaG54 Wed 03-Jul-19 14:49:12

Buy a bath/basin strainer which stops hairs and anything else (like rings or earrings) going down the plug hole.
Only a couple of ££ from a hardware store or online.
I have them in all my basins, shower and bath then when I wash or brush my hair (always over the bath so none trodden in carpets) I can swoosh them down the plug end with the shower head, empty the strainer thingy into toilet tissue and throw in the bin.

3dognight Wed 03-Jul-19 15:05:17

yes he should have stopped, apologised and moved away to do his toe nails, just out of polite respect for you.

however there are much worse things to do in a garden I would say. it wouldn't bother me I have to admit. my hubby actually does them over the bin, bless him.

annep1 Wed 03-Jul-19 15:08:31

Tiredoldwoman YANBU. He wouldn't be invited again to mine!

Barmeyoldbat Wed 03-Jul-19 15:30:26

When I came onto this post first thing today I thought it was windup post, but clearly it isn't and is meant to be light hearted. I see nothing wrong in cutting toenails in the garden and I might ask how long were they to cause so much clippings that they caused you a problem.

GrannyAnnie2010 Wed 03-Jul-19 16:22:13

Get the sort of clippers which comes with a "catch cap". Clip away, all collected in the cap, then empty in the bin. Flushing them away is OTT, considering how much clean water is used to flush away a tiny amount of clippings.

Foxygran Wed 03-Jul-19 16:31:52

Oh no! Tiredoldwoman Oh dear... what can I say?!

Foxygran Wed 03-Jul-19 16:37:47

Annep1, don’t worry, I know who my friends are, you’re invited to the party the following week ?

Luckygirl Wed 03-Jul-19 17:15:39

Brilliant idea to cut toenails outside over the grass - from now on that is what I will do!!

Luckygirl Wed 03-Jul-19 17:18:38

I have to cut my OH's toenails for him (and do a few other yukky things too!) so I would have no objection to someone cutting their toenails beside me. What is this objection to toenails? !

Oldandverygrey Wed 03-Jul-19 17:45:22

I also have to cut husband's toenails as he is unable to do so, happy to do it, small price to pay for a kind and loving man.

Gonegirl Wed 03-Jul-19 17:48:14

Would anyone go into hysterics if I told you my husband has been known to pee into the compost bin? I would too if it wsn't so high.