Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU. Public flogging for garden taste misdemeanors

(213 Posts)
granny4hugs Wed 31-Jul-19 20:20:58

I wanted to start an AIBU thread but it's difficult because I am always so very reasonable about absolutely everything smile
However, I thought of one -
People who lay plastic/synthetic 'grass' in their gardens where I can see, it should be publicly flogged - with strips of synthetic lawn...
AIBU?

Alexa Fri 02-Aug-19 22:16:19

Paddyann, just an idea but one I know works. If you have the leylandii cut down to about 12 feet high you could plant ivy to grow up the bare poles of them . It stays 12 feet high and makes a good refuge for birds and bats, and makes a good privacy screen. Easy to trim too.

paddyann Sat 03-Aug-19 00:28:21

thanks Alexa but I just want it gone ,the lowest estimate is over £4000 so I may wait until the drainage is sorted as thats more urgent

Coolgran65 Sat 03-Aug-19 01:06:56

My dh cut each tree off at ground level and took them to the dump one at a time hanging out of the back of his car. (Then had the car valeted)

He then worked on each stump at his leisure.

Hetty58 Sat 03-Aug-19 18:12:49

Some local fake grass soon became covered in (real) moss and was taken up again the next year - what a waste!

kittylester Sat 03-Aug-19 18:27:30

I have read this thread with increasing dismay.

I hope I can add my little bit before I am ostracized*notanan*. We have hard landscaping, with proper drainage, both front and back (2 patios at the back!) bamboo wind chimes, a water feature and about 12 terracotta worms with hats on.

All very tasteful!

Alexa Sat 03-Aug-19 18:54:28

Oh Kittylester! My concrete gnome would not tolerate worms with hats.

Merseybelle2 Sat 03-Aug-19 18:59:03

Where can I buy a worm with a hat on ? I want one too !

MissAdventure Sat 03-Aug-19 19:23:54

I suppose the garden being tasteful would depend on the type of hat worn by the worms?
A 'Westham' bobble hat? No!
However, a nice bowler..

kittylester Sun 04-Aug-19 21:53:10

These are 'where's Wally' bobble hats. The children love trying to find them. We do have some with Santa hats and beards but it would be a bit tasteless to get them out before Decembet! blush

MissAdventure Sun 04-Aug-19 22:32:03

Of course.
wink
That would be just gaudy.

Blinko Tue 06-Aug-19 15:32:42

I want those cricketers that turned up on another thread.

lemongrove Tue 06-Aug-19 15:56:59

They were real ones Blinko, they visited Soops kitchen and the Argy Bargy Bar, you can be sure we gave them a hearty welcome wink as they had heard of our legendary hospitality.