Gransnet forums

AIBU

Angry with OH

(203 Posts)
CaroDane Wed 21-Aug-19 17:04:40

I am hopping mad with my OH. He went out this afternoon to do a little light pruning in the garden and I've just found he has totally massacred my Japanese Maple and my favourite hebe.
To make matters worse he's also eaten my emergency bar of fruit and nut that I keep hidden in the tea towel basket. It's always been a safe place but obviously not now.
I am so angry with him I could spit. Do you think I am overreacting as I can feel my blood pressure rising and my face is all blotchy!

CaroDane Tue 27-Aug-19 16:56:13

SirChenjin you are absolutely spot on.

I'm living the high life here and do nothing but complain about it!

My social calendar is a whirl of spectacular delights as I ricochet (often literally if Gt Dane hasn't pressed the bar down on my rollator to keep it open) between Poundland, Aldi, Home & Bargain, B&M, and pushing the yacht out even further to Morrisons to espy their offers.

Then there's the thrill of visiting A & E when Gt Dane has accidentally left something for me to fall over, as it's a treat for me to enjoy spending about five hours watching the disintegration of the NHS.

What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon?

Speaking of my outing to Home & Bargain today I've been swizzed. I can't remember now where I bought it but I paid 29p for one of those little tokens on a key ring that you stick in a supermarket trolley and saves you using a pound coin.

I used it for the first time today.
Other shoppers come and go as I struggle trying to fit this token into the trolley slot. It is defo worse since they are now threepenny bit shaped.
The token wouldn't go in. A helpful chap suggested taking it off the key ring. We did. It still didn't work. His wife then forced it down into the hole and slid the catch shut. The trolley stayed closed and the chain wouldn't release.

By now a small crowd of helpful people wishing to do a good deed for the day and help the afflicted are all trying to unjam my trolley/ and or unjam the coin, or offer advice on how not to be conned into buying these type of tokens as they never ever work.

Result.

My token is still stuck in the trolley, which is still stuck in the line of other trolleys, therefore making at least 25 other trolleys unavailable.

I kept murmuring like a mantra, it's OK really, my husband will be here soon.

Only to turn round and see Gt Dane calmly observing this debacle from just inside the doors.
Holding a basket.

timetogo2016 Sat 16-Nov-19 10:43:05

What a pig eh . hide the chocco in the cleaning cupboard.
I bet he won`t find it there haha.
My OH killed my four lavender bushes with weed killer.
I am wondering if I used it on him if it would have the same effect.