Gransnet forums

AIBU

Lawn mowing

(129 Posts)
annsixty Sat 24-Aug-19 20:19:22

Posted and lost.
AIBU to be miffed at my next door neighbour starting mowing his back lawn at 7 :40 on Sat evening on a beautiful day with a noisy petrol lawn mower.
I have come outside with my second glass of wine after my meal.
He is retired and his teacher wife is on 6 weeks holiday, they had thei6f holiday to Greece earlier
Is it thoughtless or arrogance?

Labaik Tue 27-Aug-19 11:39:35

I would imagine that it was far too hot to mow the lawn earlier; I've been doing most of my gardening in the evening recently.

gt66 Tue 27-Aug-19 12:05:57

I'm sorry you feel upset annsixty. I read posts, but very rarely make a comment, because I've seen how, even the most innocent question always attracts someone who feels the need to snipe, when a polite 'yes you are being a bit unreasonable' answer is sufficient. There's just no need for it, but unfortunately, as in real life, an innocuous question invites a reply harsher than is necessary.

Labaik Tue 27-Aug-19 12:22:16

My neighbour keeps his recycling bin near to my kitchen door and it always makes my jump when he throws glass into it; I do try to do things like that in the daytime but he seems to start doing it quite early in the morning. They get annoyed because my dog triggers my security lights when she goes out for a nightime wee, but I've noticed that they have very thin unlined curtains so it's no wonder the light disturbs them. We've been neighbours for many years and have always got on really well but it's strange how little things can cause annoyance. My partners car was written off when he parked it on the pavement outside his house [Amazon driver reversed into it at speed], so he's worked on his driveway and now parks off road. Another neighbours daughter has started to park outside his house so he now can't see to reverse out safely [her father parks on the pavement opposite which makes it even harder]. These are all really lovely people. Can't imagine what it's like to have really bad neighbours !