Gransnet forums

AIBU

£126 Million, we can dream.

(79 Posts)
Maggiemaybe Thu 05-Sep-19 09:00:24

I’d let the National Lottery keep £120m for its good causes - a person could go mad deciding which charity and individual to support and by how much.

The £6m would be more than enough to set each child and grandchild up with a decent property and leave plenty of wriggle room for other gifts and fancies, and donations to a couple of favourite charities. I think giving anyone too much money would be more of a curse than a blessing.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 05-Sep-19 08:53:13

Ooh, well exactly, where to start?
I'd either buy a nice house or a plot of land on which to build one. It would a pretty cottage. I'd plant a traditional cottage style garden with an orchard.
Share the rest out with friends, family and charities. But what if one of them decided to gamble it away, become a drunkard or similar - then it would be my fault for enabling them and I'd be blamed for their downfall.
I have no desire for a stately home with an estate, a helicopter, sports car or designer gear. I'm obviously an adman's nightmare.
Don't you think that amount of money is an obscene win for one person? Why not make 126 people happy by winning £1m each? That would suit me.

sodapop Thu 05-Sep-19 08:42:30

Where to start Mokryna
Set up children &grandchildren with properties
Start animal rescue centre with daughters as previously agreed if one of us won
Donations to all deserving charities
Buy a small plane for my husband
Hire a hit man for certain politicians

mokryna Thu 05-Sep-19 08:20:59

What would you suggest on how to spend/share it with family/friends or others.