Gransnet forums

AIBU

Completing the adoption story

(56 Posts)
Briz Sat 07-Sep-19 19:26:20

After 62 years I have finally discovered the final piece of the jigsaw, my bio father’s identity. This was due to DNA matching and has been a long and protracted journey, he died in 2017.
My dilemma is I have discovered 2 half sisters, the eldest is 5 months older than me and the younger 18 months younger, their mother is still alive and had only been married to ‘our’ father for about a year when I was conceived. My birth mother died in 1959 so there is no one that will really know the true circumstances. Do I attempt to make contact with my half -siblings due to this delicate situation?

Magrithea Mon 09-Sep-19 15:00:44

sodapop it's the not knowing where you came from and how you came to be that's part of it. I'm very aware that it could be upsetting but I also have a nagging feeling that I want to know!

hinaxi101 Tue 10-Sep-19 06:42:56

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

hinaxi101 Tue 10-Sep-19 06:46:04

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

sodapop Tue 10-Sep-19 07:35:20

Reported

sodapop Tue 10-Sep-19 07:39:21

I can understand that Margrithea but it won't change who you are now and has the potential to cause problems for others. I was adopted too, I contacted my birth mother which did not end well. I have never tried to contact my paternal relatives.