Gransnet forums

AIBU

... to be annoyed I ruined the day by falling down the stairs :(

(34 Posts)
jura2 Mon 09-Sep-19 09:25:55

Still in Tuscany- a mixed weather day yesterday- but lovely and sunny this morn. Just had breakfast on patio then went upstairs to wash a couple of bits. Brought them down and told OH 'be careful washing is dripping and stairs slippery' and off I went '*rse of t*ts' good leg forwards and bad one staying up and twisted - the one with the previous injuries and very difficult knee replacement. So todays discovery trip is off - grrrr. Let's hope I have not done real damage sad

Luckygirl Wed 11-Sep-19 09:19:06

Sussexborn - it makes me a bit cross when people to seek to persuade others that just half a glass will be fine - it always seems rude to me to be trying to persuade people to drink something they do not want to - what business is it of theirs what you choose to drink or not drink?

I am a teetotaller - simply because even the tiniest amount makes me sick - and I used to get this all the time; but it is getting less of a problem recently, when non-drinkers seem to be less of social misfits!

Urmstongran Wed 11-Sep-19 09:19:07

Glad you’re alright now jura2 the shock of the fall would have unsettled you as well. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and mind how you go!
?

Jane10 Wed 11-Sep-19 12:49:12

Ooh the soaking in the hot springs must have been lovely. I bet that helped.

jura2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:49:50

Yes- it was amazing. Lots of swmiing today in the resort's much cooler pool - hot sunshine and reading. All forgotten, pheew.

notentirelyallhere Wed 11-Sep-19 20:54:14

Hope it continues to mend Jura. I slipped in our utility room earlier this year on a wet floor. I sat down heavily on my foot which swelled alarmingly and took several months to mend completely. I was rushing out to lunch, late, I take more care now! Glad you had a nice day after all.

jura2 Fri 13-Sep-19 10:15:38

All good thanks- I am amazed I haven't done serious damage.
Last day in this part of unknown 'still real' Tuscany - we have been so so lucky with the weather. Off to the local town for a drink and last min shopping- to the pool this afternoon (it's 27C, so perfect) to read and swim, then pack and dinner at a nice local restaurant. Off in the morning to go and spend 2 days in Verona on the way home. Phhheeeewww.

Rowantree Fri 13-Sep-19 10:18:36

Ice, ice, baby!

Callistemon Sat 14-Sep-19 03:19:24

Elderflower pressé is always a good substitute for champagne Luckygirl and Sussexborn!
It looks the part too.

Hope you're fully recovered jura.