Gransnet forums

AIBU

Selfish????

(52 Posts)
GagaJo Mon 07-Oct-19 20:35:11

I'm a bit upset with my bloke. He has just had a very long term friend die. This man has been ill for a year or so. Regularly, over the course of this year, I've said to my bloke, you need to go and see him. Everytime I've said it, he brushed me off. We talked about this a week ago, and as usual, nothing.

This weekend his friend died. And now my blokes response is, I thought he was being over dramatic. Friends have told him how ill the man was. The ex wife of the man has cried in my blokes kitchen about how ill the friend was. When we talked about it, I said, 'I think he's dying.'

Coincidentally, a couple of weeks ago, I broke a toe. Obviously, at the time I didn't know it was broken, but it was very painful, and as I was thrashing around in pain, my bloke said, 'Don't be overdramatic.' This from an absolute pathetic heap when HE is ill.

So. Am I wrong to be upset that he didn't ever make the effort to see his friend (been friends for 40 years)? It seems to demonstrate a total lack of caring to me.

timetogo2016 Mon 28-Oct-19 16:41:43

I`m not making excuses up for him as I think he`s not the friend he thought he was.
I feel for the man that passed away,he must have wondered why his mate didn`t visit.
I hope he remembers this if he is ever poorly.
Hope your toe is improving and just out of interest ,did you do it giving your husband a kick up the backside ?.