Gransnet forums

AIBU

Harry and Meghan

(155 Posts)
Gingergirl Mon 21-Oct-19 13:24:59

AIBU to feel annoyed at the media interpretations of their comments in the tv programme last night? Wasn’t Harry just saying effectively that he struggles with the grief of his mothers death, rather than ‘admitting to being mentally ill’ as I've heard on the news today. I thought he had been open about his feelings to help others who had been bereaved perhaps.....and commented that he had come to realise that his feelings needed to be ‘managed’...and that with every job, you need to put on a brave face sometimes. Seems reasonable to me. Likewise with Meghan, the press have treated her badly so why shouldn’t she say how that makes her feel?It just makes her human surely, not necessarily someone about to completely unravel. I really don’t get it and especially now that they’re being portrayed as a couple on the ‘brink’ of deep unhappiness and distress. What do others think?

jo1book Fri 25-Oct-19 13:51:42

I suppose self-promoting Goddesses feel they just exist when they lose the worship of the masses!

merlotgran Fri 25-Oct-19 14:58:31

Existing is what we're doing at the moment because we want DH to be 'living'.

No complaints, just determination. smile

Namsnanny Fri 25-Oct-19 15:57:56

Merlotgran ...flowers

Namsnanny Fri 25-Oct-19 16:01:51

I do believe a clear look at someone’s past can predict their future behaviour. Especially someone over the age of 21.
Meghan has a history of dropping people who don’t conform to her agenda.
I wouldn’t expect that to change any time soon.