Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU

(105 Posts)
Missfoodlove Thu 31-Oct-19 08:56:42

We have had a neighbourhood message from our local constabulary asking residents to sweep leaves, clear paths and pavements and make sure all driveways etc are well lit for this evenings trick or treaters.
They have asked us to be aware of allergies when handing out sweets!!
No message for the trick or treaters to be respectful.

Nanna58 Fri 01-Nov-19 18:29:49

Apologies for typos, arthritis grim today!!

Daisyboots Fri 01-Nov-19 23:04:55

When I was speaking to a friend today she said that as her dogs get upset by the door bell ringing a lot she put two big dishes outside the front door filled with sweets saying please help yourself to a few and leave for others too. She looked out 5 minutes later and the dishes were empty. So someone was greedy and not entering into the spirit of it.

twiglet77 Sat 02-Nov-19 00:25:45

How utterly ridiculous. I live far enough out of the village that I'm not troubled by them but I'm blowed if I'd bother to make sure my property was safe for the unwelcome little blighters.

I think some primary school parents have an arrangement that if a pumpkin is displayed, the children are welcome to knock the door, and not otherwise. Houses are decorated, the children dress up. I really don't understand encouraging the grabby mentality in little children, but when teenagers go door-to-door it's tantamount to demanding money with menaces. Blasted Americanisms aren't welcome here.

grapefruitpip Sat 02-Nov-19 09:22:09

Well said twiglet. I can't stand it and as for the colour coded plastic pumpkins.....well, words fail me.

364 days of the year it's wrong to bother strangers and we must all save the planet.