Gransnet forums

AIBU

Labour MP says vote Conservative !

(34 Posts)
Bridgeit Thu 07-Nov-19 09:33:59

Ian Austin (Labour ) urges Labour supporters to vote Conservative as he no longer has faith in Jeremy Corbyn ?

kittylester Thu 07-Nov-19 09:39:27

Sense at last!!

Urmstongran Thu 07-Nov-19 09:41:48

A lot of people might just do that.

This election is like a rollercoaster and there’s another 35 days to go yet!

Bridgeit Thu 07-Nov-19 09:42:47

This must be a first, you couldn’t make it up could you. Looks like we are in for a bumpy ride!

suziewoozie Thu 07-Nov-19 09:48:38

There are former Conservative MPs who are now standing for the LDs and so saying Vote LD. There’s an enormous amount of churn going on and IA is one example. Your thread title is incorrect by the way and should say Labour MP says vote Conservative.

Bridgeit Thu 07-Nov-19 09:51:29

Ohh yes, thank you not sure if that can be changed.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 07-Nov-19 09:54:36

It'll be an interesting election night, won't it?

petra Thu 07-Nov-19 09:58:03

Bridgeit
Ian Austin has been an Independent MP since Feb 2019.

Anniebach Thu 07-Nov-19 10:01:43

Ian left the Labour Party early this year because of the anti semetism in the party, he was always loyal to the Labour Party
and he really believes as do many labour MP’s that Corbyn is not to be trusted

suziewoozie Thu 07-Nov-19 10:05:23

So really OP this thread is rubbish isn’t it? The title is wrong and the nan in question left Labour anyway. So your thread title should be Labour MP who became independent calls for Labour supporters to vote Conservative. There not quite so exciting is it?

suziewoozie Thu 07-Nov-19 10:05:59

nan?

Bridgeit Thu 07-Nov-19 10:09:35

Your opinion Suzie, you word any thread you start your way, and I will do it ‘My Way’ ?which .
By the way are should or shouldn’t objective or subjective ?

Bridgeit Thu 07-Nov-19 10:10:45

When Suzie has finished be pedantic, can we enjoy some real opinions please.

suziewoozie Thu 07-Nov-19 10:18:19

Being accurate about the allegiance of the person in question and being accurate that it is he and not Labour that is calling for Labour voters to vote Conservative is not bring pedantic. To say so makes your post childish and petulant. But there you go.

Urmstongran Thu 07-Nov-19 10:18:20

Well for an ‘independent’ his viewpoint is getting an awful lot of airtime on Sky News this morning!

I suppose the less pedantic point is, Austin WAS Labour for all of his political life until a few months ago - which is why his entreaty to Labour voters is so powerful.

suziewoozie Thu 07-Nov-19 10:19:49

Enjoy some real opinions based on totally misleading information ? you’d be an asset to CCHQ clearly.

Yehbutnobut Thu 07-Nov-19 10:21:39

Ian Austin plotted against Ed Miliband partly because he thought Labour didn't bash migrants enough. He boasted of anti-migrant views which were compared to the BNP.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 07-Nov-19 10:21:43

The OP is entirely misleading I’m afraid.

Austen resigned from the LP last February.

So it is neither the whole of Labour as the implies nor even labour of any sort.

He will get a lot of airtime in the name of balance ??.

So the story actually is

MR AUSTIN SAYS “VOTE TORY”

Yehbutnobut Thu 07-Nov-19 10:23:39

He was clearly in the wrong party to start with! A bit like someone on GN!

suziewoozie Thu 07-Nov-19 10:24:24

Of course his opinion is getting plenty of airtime - he’s a well known Corbyn critic. There’s nothing wrong with the either of those facts. My point was that the thread title and information in it was wrong. Are you some of you so desperate for good news after yesterday that you’ll swallow anything?

suziewoozie Thu 07-Nov-19 10:26:50

Well Urm that’s true of plenty of Conservatives who’ve now become LD. That has also been a story and rightly so.

suziewoozie Thu 07-Nov-19 10:28:54

Brid you give any thread you want a false title and I’ll call you out on it. Says far more about you than me

Bridgeit Thu 07-Nov-19 10:42:41

Well obviously my IQ ( low or high )was elsewhere when I excitedly thought the subject would make an interesting topic/ debate. But I would choose my way over yours any day. So I will go now before it becomes even more childish.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 07-Nov-19 11:01:37

bridgeit

Don’t get the hump?

Simply be sure of your facts before posting a new thread that’s all.

The atmosphere will be very febrile leading up to the election and we will be jumping on each other for the slightest thing.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 07-Nov-19 11:03:19

"Ian Austin, 1 year as a junior minister at DCLG, says he won't vote for Labour.

Wall-to-wall coverage.

Ken Clarke, 9 years as Secretary of State, including as Chancellor, says he won't vote for the Conservatives.

Silence.

Balanced election coverage?"

He has been working with the tories on trade deals.

The quote is from Diane Abbott.