Gransnet forums

AIBU

Labour MP says vote Conservative !

(35 Posts)
Bridgeit Thu 07-Nov-19 09:33:59

Ian Austin (Labour ) urges Labour supporters to vote Conservative as he no longer has faith in Jeremy Corbyn ?

Bridgeit Thu 07-Nov-19 11:12:38

Thanks Whitewave, very kindly worded.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 07-Nov-19 11:13:53

That’s OK. ?

suziewoozie Thu 07-Nov-19 11:20:55

It was childish in the extreme to call me pedantic

humptydumpty Thu 07-Nov-19 11:52:32

TBH I suspect the reason this is getting so much coverage, despite the fact that he had already left the LP, is because it's another cudgel for the right-wing press to bash the LP with.

NanKate Thu 07-Nov-19 12:02:32

I heard the heartfelt interview with Ian Austin. He was genuinely upset at his decision. Wonderful a man of principle, what a rare thing.

lemongrove Thu 07-Nov-19 12:09:09

WWM2 says to Brid ‘simply be sure of your facts’ !!!
This, from a poster who has made two mistakes in one day
First by saying the Welsh Conservative was accused of rape, and second by repeating fake news about James Cleverly.
You couldn't make it up .....except some people do.

mcem Thu 07-Nov-19 12:12:14

Somewhat surprising that someone who is so keen on truth and accuracy should still be supporting BJ!

lemongrove Thu 07-Nov-19 12:12:31

Of course it is Humpty.....just as any news about Conservative MP’s and their pronouncements are going to be cudgels for the left wing newspapers.

lemongrove Thu 07-Nov-19 12:16:42

mcem....may I remind you that on another thread you have said yourself that posters have made mistakes in their keen ness to spread the word, and should check their facts.

All politicians are economical with the truth, including Corbyn, and I am supporting the Conservatives in this election and not Johnson, in fact I hope somebody else takes
over, in the event that he loses his seat, or at any rate by the next election if the Conservatives do win this one.