Gransnet forums

AIBU

grandson's safety

(27 Posts)
BlueBelle Fri 29-Nov-19 07:50:24

I m not sure why your son would tell you unless to shock or to get you going I m sure if we all knew some of the things that go on in others houses we would have a fit
I don’t know what a buffet is so presume it’s a little stool

You can buy special cupboard and drawer locks to keep little fingers out so maybe suggest that if he tells you any other tales or buy him some yourself and give them with a casual laugh “I saw these today and thought of young Xxx and his shenanigans” but unless it was a steak knife or carving knife which hopefully they keep in a safe place I guess it was not that bad could do more damage with a fork if he had used that and fell Drawers and cupboards are very tempting to inquisitive minds but safety is paramount at that age so I do understand your concern I hope he got a telling off for painting the stairs
I think you were right not to comment to your son unless you had said something light and smiley but certainly not a lecture

love0c Fri 29-Nov-19 07:35:49

My son told me yesterday that our 2 1/2 year old grandson had used his little buffet to get a knife out of the kitchen drawer along with a block of butter and spread it up the stairs and along the wall. My son found it amusing. Mum was upstairs at he time. I didn't find it amusing but very worrying. He should not be left in a position to get a knife. Mum was obviously upstairs quite a while and also oblivious of what he was doing. I didn't comment of my thoughts to my son. This is not the first time he has told me things like this. They also have a 11 month old baby as well.