Gransnet forums

AIBU

Prat Tabs (aka designers' logos)

(104 Posts)
Dinahmo Tue 18-Feb-20 12:21:36

Could anyone explain why people are prepared to spend lots of money on handbags and clothing that have the designer's logo (known in my house as a prat tab) clearly visible. A recent Guardian fashion article has photos of bags by Dior, YSL, Chanel et al, some with their logos, such as YSL as the clasp.

The girl who sings the latest James Bond theme was on tv this morning, wearing Burberry clothes but also a deep sweatband with the name emblazoned across the front.

Is it because the wearers want to show how rich they are?

GagaJo Sun 23-Feb-20 09:47:33

I agree with your subtle and unostentatious point about quality Alexa. No label, not flashy or showy. Those are signs of the nouveau riche.

Dinahmo Sun 23-Feb-20 12:38:28

There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying designer clothes and shoes etc - I have some myself that I bought several years ago when I was working in London. However none of them have a logo or the designer's name emblazoned across them.

moggie57 Tue 25-Feb-20 11:23:14

i couldnt care about that a fig .,its only a name ...maybe they want to prove that they are the best. well they not. lol. be yourself .dont try to be someone else.