Gransnet forums

AIBU

Flappy socks

(34 Posts)
Quizzer Sun 08-Mar-20 10:02:09

AIBU to want to buy socks that fit? I wear them with casual trousers and jeans but I struggle to find comfortable ones. I take size 4 (UK) and all the socks I see in the shops seem to be sized "fits 4 - 7". I end up with either floppy toes or the heel half way up my ankle! I have tried kids socks but they are always too tight round the ankle and that's not good for my veins. Any suggestions?

katiejohnson Fri 20-Aug-21 12:35:46

CherryCezzy

Another one here who can recommend bamboo socks. I take a size 3 or 4 (or inbetween) shoe. It has always been a problem for me as also have odd toes. I was given a box of EWM Country Rose socks and they fit and don't roll down

In general, they say that bamboo socks are very comfortable and do not sweat... Have you seen the benefit in this respect?

Katek Fri 20-Aug-21 13:18:46

I have small feet (3) but I never wear socks! Haven’t done so for years, in fact I can’t remember when I last wore them. I don’t wear shoes/slippers in the house either

lemongrove Fri 20-Aug-21 13:48:07

I was advised to wear the bamboo diabetic socks ( am diabetic so makes sense) and it’s true they are very soft and comfy to wear.
Like katek though I rarely wear socks, in any Season, under footwear, so wear the bamboo socks just in the evenings snuggled on a sofa for a bit of warmth.
The bamboo socks seem small but do stretch when needed.

Elegran Fri 20-Aug-21 13:55:35

Alexa I now sit on the second stair up to put on socks and/or shoes. I rest one foot on the step below me, where it is near enough to reach, and as I am already sitting down I don't overbalance.

silverlining48 Fri 20-Aug-21 18:01:16

I bought bamboo socks from TK for the family last Christmas (dh 2xsil and 2 dd) and they all found that they don’t wash well and often go into holes after only a few wears.
Dh left with 2 pairs out of 5. Very disappointed.

Amberone Fri 20-Aug-21 18:06:57

I used to buy bamboo socks from Boots to wear under boots. Really soft and stayed soft after washing but slightly elastic so fitted well. Haven't worn socks for a few years so don't know if they still do them.

Coolgran65 Fri 20-Aug-21 18:09:36

I also recommend bamboo socks. I bought some in TKMaxx and they were fabulous. I got rid of my old socks and bought more bamboo. They help so much because I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet and legs.

BlueBelle Fri 20-Aug-21 18:22:55

I wear trainer socks, all good, size 6