Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU

(102 Posts)
Boats Sat 18-Apr-20 19:05:17

I totally agree with Monica, Susan56, Quercus, Chewbacca and others who write in a similar vein. If the neighbour's actions are not directly harming you then leave them to it.
What sort of a society have we become that we are driven to pry and spy on our neighbours and other people? Their actions will sadly come home to them without your "help".
Who would you report them to? The Police?
Just take a look at the video of an officer in the Lancs. Police Force and ask yourself if this is what you want.
Far more worrying to me is the lack of social distancing in shops and supermarkets. Yesterday, when out shopping for my neighbours in my local supermarket, one young woman with 2 kids in tow thought it quite ok to lean almost on top of me to reach for something on the shelf above me! What could I do about that? Nothing, except remind her very loudly to keep her distance. Her response...a silly grin. Now that sort of idiocy is certain to cause the spread of this dreadful virus, more so, probably than your neighbours visiting their family members and yes, you don't know the circumstances behind those visits. So please, let's get a bit of common sense here. Bluenose, if your neighbour's visitors haven't jumped in your garden or invaded your house you probably aren't likely to be at much risk of catching this virus. I wish I could say the same for myself after yesterday's incident!

ValerieF Tue 21-Apr-20 19:18:53

Absolutely Vampirequeen. I maintain that nobody on here really knows what others are doing. I like to think most people would by now be aware of the social distancing rules and why they are in place?

But using judgement within the confines of those rules has to be observed also?

Too many people are quick to 'judge' without actually knowing the full facts.

People are only posting as it is in their area. Being inner city am sure is much different than being in the country with smaller communities. Not saying no need for distancing from others but it does mean that distancing is easier with bigger spaces so in that case, no size fits all!

Maybe why Gransnet is not the appropriate place to be imparital?

Doesn't mean any of us are actually wrong. So for those who jump on posters, just think! They are not you, they don't live where you are, they don't have same size houses/gardens/. Doesn't mean they are idiots!