Gransnet forums

AIBU

Cemetery

(31 Posts)
bikergran Sat 18-Apr-20 20:16:02

I would at least set off and I'm sure if! you did get stopped by anyone, if you explain then surely they will let you continue on your journey.

You probably wont even see any police about. I would go as it means a great deal to you.

I think different counties seem to have different rules at the mo, as in going to the cemetery.

Guineagirl Sat 18-Apr-20 20:09:58

I think it’s the whole virus situation it’s just affected me like it has everyone I mean lockdown etc, so can’t make the right decisions at the moment. I worry about being stopped by police. In four years I rarely see anymore than one person there as I’m only there ten mins tops, it’s like I’m seeking reassurance behaviour at the moment. Yes I only use my car. Maybe I’ll sleep on it heh. You are kind curlywhirly.

Curlywhirly Sat 18-Apr-20 20:00:07

Oh I would go, definitely. You will be within your car; at the cemetery, you can keep a distance for other people (if you see any at all), you will not come into contact with another person during the whole visit. I am sure others will disagree, but I can't see a problem with it and hopefully, neither will the police.

Guineagirl Sat 18-Apr-20 19:31:14

Yes it says open 24hrs, I’ve only been using car for supermarket like today but Mam lived seven miles away and I feel guilty going and awful not going too as for four years I always go to see her. Feel worried I’m doing wrong going

tanith Sat 18-Apr-20 19:21:42

Don’t they have a website that you could check on?

Guineagirl Sat 18-Apr-20 19:19:45

Please no there are worse answers. Mams birthday tomorrow I go every few weeks but last time was just before Mother’s Day. It’s a birthday tomorrow and I take a card and flowers for the grave, also light a candle at home, can I go or not the website says the cemeteries are open but I have to drive seven miles, I’m not sure if I’m allowed though. I have the card and flowers but I don’t know.