Gransnet forums

AIBU

Can you bear the thought of being touched again by a stranger

(86 Posts)
Totallylost Thu 28-May-20 11:21:58

Ive had a text this morning from my massage therapist saying she’s hoping to be up and running again by July , I’m not sure how i feel about it, any thoughts anyone

May7 Sat 30-May-20 18:50:26

Difficult for you Sussexborn hope alls well thanks

lemongrove Sat 30-May-20 20:46:03

Touched by a stranger? Depends on how handsome he is.?

May7 Sat 30-May-20 20:52:37

Ooooh errr missesgrin

narrowboatnan Sat 30-May-20 23:06:56

Talking of handshakes - I struggle with that part of the church service where we all ‘pass the peace’.

Naty Sun 31-May-20 05:54:28

No more handshakes for me. I've witnessed so many people skip hand washing after using the public bathrooms. NO THANKS.

DanniRae Sun 31-May-20 07:31:02

I hope all goes well with your phone call consultation Sussexborn x

Witzend Sun 31-May-20 08:24:44

@Ginny, IMO it came about because we were so often told that we Brits were ‘cold’ and standoffish, we should be more like the huggy-kissy continentals. And a lot of people seem to think that whatever the ‘continentals’ do is by definition better.

Though I do think the huggy-kissy stuff was always more a southern- than a northern European thing - not sure it was ever rife in Scandinavian countries.

lemongrove Sun 31-May-20 10:03:12

Sussexborn good luck?

Puzzled Fri 26-Jun-20 17:32:09

Physical contact is important for our mental well being. Molestation by strangers excepted)
But it should be encouraged among family members and close friends.
I shall never forget my next door neighbour hugging me the night that our son was killed in a RTA. It brough great comfort.
Animals use body contact to identify and assimilate herd members.
And, your masseuse would hardly be classed as a total stranger. If you have given birth, you should be used tom being touched by others; almost everywhere.
Relaxez vous!

MerylStreep Fri 26-Jun-20 17:48:18

I'm having my hair cut this evening by my next door neighbour. She cuts my hair: I tidy up her garden.