Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to think Katie Price should be banned from keeping animals?

(133 Posts)
Bluebellwould Wed 22-Jul-20 22:14:23

Today she ‘sadly’ announced her daughter’s young puppy had died through a tragic accident. She then publicises the fact, I suppose, in order to gain column inches and sympathy. As far as I can tell that is 3 dogs and 3 horses that have died under her ‘care’. She also sold off her pets that she previously had when she needed the money. Does she have no shame? Surely this is the sort of case the RSPCA should be investigating. IMHO she is absolutely disgusting and should be prosecuted forthwith. I am so cross.

BlueBelle Wed 22-Jul-20 22:22:36

Unfortunately she’s her own worst enemy as she doesn’t know how to live without publicity if I see her name I walk on by (as the song says) life’s too short to even read a paragraph about her and her lifestyle

phoenix Wed 22-Jul-20 22:28:42

She seems to be becoming famous for being famous sometime in the past!

Rather a sad state of affairs, really.

merlotgran Wed 22-Jul-20 22:43:11

I thought she was bankrupt? French bulldogs cost a fortune don't they?

phoenix Wed 22-Jul-20 22:50:57

I do wonder why some of the press keep giving her space?

At the risk of seeming , oh, whatever the word, it seems to be the red tops and some of the other tabloids that help following her story.

Yes, sad that things have ended up as they have, and she has a son who is disabled or has learning difficulties, but I'm sure that other parents have similar problems and don't get that sort of press coverage.

phoenix Wed 22-Jul-20 22:54:57

merlot yes, French Bulldogs probably do, and they have also become over bred due to popularity, some of it fuelled by so called "celebrities" .

But the point remains that this woman is "famous" for what????

phoenix Wed 22-Jul-20 22:56:55

Keep! Not help (22.50 post) Damn auto correct.

Chewbacca Wed 22-Jul-20 23:03:23

But the point remains that this woman is "famous" for what????

A lot of cosmetic surgery; quite a few marriages and relationships. However, her love and devotion to her son, Harvey, is without doubt. She's received some appalling online abuse, directly because of his disabilities and, because of this, she's begun a full on campaign to get cyber bullying classed as a crime. She's very committed to the campaign and I admire her for that. Her treatment of animals?.... not at all.

merlotgran Wed 22-Jul-20 23:04:57

According to Wikipedia, phoenix, she was a page 3 girl. After that it's been reality stuff and kids by various partners.

She's not the only one who is famous for being........???? hmm

Hetty58 Wed 22-Jul-20 23:10:44

The pathetic, attention seeking desperation for publicity (good or bad) is her only 'career'. Maybe she is a good mother - but then most women are.

boodymum67 Thu 23-Jul-20 11:43:48

Maybe children too!

EllanVannin Thu 23-Jul-20 12:01:25

Yes, she should be banned from having children as well. I'm waiting for her to self destruct, it's not far off now.
It must be terrible going through life wanting attention all the time. It should be listed as a mental illness because it truly is.

The men she's had have all gone on to better their lives, in part due to the publicity shown during their marriages etc to her.
She'd have been quids in if she'd got a proper job and got on with herself and the children's lives.

It is said that those who are cruel to animals aren't so hot where humans are concerned either !

Furret Thu 23-Jul-20 12:15:47

Hasn’t she got a profoundly disabled boy that she cares for?

Lucca Thu 23-Jul-20 12:22:59

Wow, judgmental ! Should be banned from having children ??on what grounds ?
I know absolutely nothing about the woman by the way

Furret Thu 23-Jul-20 12:33:59

KATIE Price's disabled son Harvey was rushed to hospital a few days ago as he's struggling to breathe with a soaring temperature. The 18-year-old, who suffers from Prader-Willi syndrome, was accompanied by his mother.

I feel for any mother who has a disabled child and she has stuck by him..

Galaxy Thu 23-Jul-20 12:49:18

Do you mean the father of Harvey who has never acknowledged his existence. I am sure he has gone on to better his life.

Callistemon Thu 23-Jul-20 13:04:57

Galaxy

Do you mean the father of Harvey who has never acknowledged his existence. I am sure he has gone on to better his life.

Yes, him, leaving her to cope as best she could.

I hope Harvey will be all right and it's not the virus he has, she seems devoted to him.

I don't know what has happened with her animals - did they escape on to the road? It can happen, unfortunately if visitors come to the house and are not as careful as you yourself would be.

Chewbacca Thu 23-Jul-20 17:05:54

Yes, she should be banned from having children as well. I'm waiting for her to self destruct, it's not far off now.

That's just nasty. For all of KP's faults, she's a good mum to her children and fights tirelessly for Harvey.

blondenana Thu 23-Jul-20 17:16:17

I agree,i can't believe another poor animal has tragically died,
I can't stand her, she seems to have one husband after another, but can't hang onto them, and yes all have gone on to better things, and less embarrassing women
I think Peter Andre had a narrow escape from her
She is hardly ever at home and then she is ,or must be an embarrassment to her children and family when the pictures of her antics are splashed all over the papers

GillT57 Thu 23-Jul-20 17:25:59

Well, if the readers of tabloids and certain gossip magazines didn't want to read about here then she wouldn't be in them. I have no interest at all in her life, but note that Peter Andre is making a nice living as a model parent after having been married to her; he was only a one hit wonder boy singer after all. It is hard to avoid reading about them, as you queue at checkouts there is always one or the other plastered all over the front page of some tacky magazine!

Orangerose Thu 23-Jul-20 17:26:28

I agree. Absolutely dreadful woman and certainly should not be allowed near any more animals. I feel sorry for her children- she’s utterly dysfunctional.

BlueBelle Thu 23-Jul-20 17:26:29

It doesn’t bode well when she says about her 13 year old daughter ‘ she’s me in every way’ and on her birthday she applauding the fact she can now have her own Instagram account !!!

Furret Fri 24-Jul-20 06:38:35

This is the worst of GN.

Lucca Fri 24-Jul-20 07:19:18

Furret

This is the worst of GN.

Absolutely

Rowantree Fri 24-Jul-20 07:25:01

Who the eff is she anyway? No role model for her children or for young women. Don't give her publicity.