Gransnet forums

AIBU

How would you deal with this situation?

(107 Posts)
donna1964 Sun 30-Aug-20 10:06:49

You drive 26 miles to a Private Dentist Appointment (Teeth Brace Checkup). You leave on time You drive into the City and it is gridlocked..because of roadworks. You telephone the Dentist to say you are stuck in Traffic and will be late...You are answered with a Answer Machine. Finally, you approach 2 carparks...one is full, 2nd carpark lets you in and there is no carpark spaces...you have to wait. You get to your Dentist appointment 45minutes late. Receptionist shows no understanding and says you have missed your appointment. That means you have to drive a further 26 miles home. Do you leave the Dentist quietly or do you argue your point. Bearing is mind...you have showed patience when your Dentist is running late and further you have in the past had to make a journey back to the Dentist 2 days after blocks where put on your teeth that fell off in the carpark after just having them put on.

Elizabeth1 Sat 03-Oct-20 12:52:38

I’ve recently seen a new dentist who’s been fabulous in seeing me warts and all. It might be costing me a fortune but who cares if you’ve got it and I’m lucky I have got it he’s dealing with ongoing issues I’m really grateful he can make appointment times to suit. If I turn up early I just sit in the car until my time he usually then sees me immediately with a big smile on his face the receptionist and other staff are all so friendly I must say I was nervous to start with but my anxieties have greatly reduced due to the practice staff being so harmonious. That’s it no more visiting my previous dentist who couldn’t be bothered to call back in times of great need his bums out the window now loyalty and efficiency means a lot to me.

donna1964 Fri 09-Oct-20 17:46:26

Chewbacca

I would imagine that, on her next visit to the dentist, OP will make sure that she sets off in plenty of time to allow for contingencies. That's if her dentist has kept her as a patient after what happened on the last appointment.

I did set off in plenty of time Chewbacca...I wont be making another visit to that particular dentist! I have since had a refund of my total fee after I formally complained of the situation. It was investigated and funny that the co-owner understood where I was coming from and said it could have been handled better and no personal remarks should have been made about me in front of anyone else!! So there you go...YOU dont know everything and another one who makes judgements and assumptions that are not necessary!!

nanna8 Sat 10-Oct-20 12:40:26

Good call Donna - plenty of dentists around. They are offering a service and an expensive one at that. What happened to customers always being right ? Having said that it might have been that he was fully booked but in that case he should have explained or at least his dragonlady on the desk should have !

donna1964 Sun 18-Oct-20 14:51:51

nanna8

Good call Donna - plenty of dentists around. They are offering a service and an expensive one at that. What happened to customers always being right ? Having said that it might have been that he was fully booked but in that case he should have explained or at least his dragonlady on the desk should have !

Thank you Nanna8...I am finishing my bracework on my teeth at a now Orthadontist. Any Cosmetic work the Orthadontist is good enough to refer me to who they believe do the best work. It is working out better and I believe it always does when you stand up and be counted to how you should be treated. You dont pay for Private work to be called out as a liar do you? Pity those on this site who came out with their scathing comments dont keep them comments to themselves. Its supposed to be a site whereby we support each other...not demoralise, make unnecessary judgements and be cruel in the making.

Doodledog Sun 18-Oct-20 15:52:48

What does paying for private work have to do with it though?

I am not saying that the OP was lying, but whether or not what she said was true does not depend on how much money changed hands. To be honest - bringing that up just makes it sound like there is a huge sense of entitlement, which weakens the argument somewhat.

donna1964 Wed 21-Oct-20 12:18:03

Doodledog

What does paying for private work have to do with it though?

I am not saying that the OP was lying, but whether or not what she said was true does not depend on how much money changed hands. To be honest - bringing that up just makes it sound like there is a huge sense of entitlement, which weakens the argument somewhat.

Message sent to you Doodledog. Got nothing to do with Self Entitlement!!