Gransnet forums

AIBU

Flu Jab

(38 Posts)
Missfoodlove Wed 16-Sep-20 10:03:58

3 weeks ago I booked online jabs for myself and husband with Lloyd’s pharmacy.

Email confirmation came through, so all good.

I was passing the pharmacy so popped in to check ( I had a funny feeling!)
They said they couldn’t guarantee a pharmacist would be available so to ring them on the day.

I tried for 2 hours to call them on the day and eventually got through.
I was told it was fine they had vaccine and a pharmacist.

We pitched up to be told the available vaccine was for 65+.
I got really cross, argued my corner, when I suggested they had merrily vaccinated people without bookings, there was a sudden shift!!!
I got the number up on my phone for Head Office customer service and like magic the pharmacist had found two vials of vaccine!!!

Grrrrrrrrr?????

Carenza123 Tue 22-Sep-20 14:24:40

Last year we decided to go to our local Tesco for our
flu jabs. When we got there we gave up as my husband had to detail his medication which we were unprepared for and it was such a rigmarole. We decided to leave it. Eventually had the jabs at our doctors. This year, we cannot have our flu jabs At our doctors until later in October. A friend suggested we ask at the pharmacy adjoining our doctors and we have had our jabs done there with no problems. Job done.

lilypollen Tue 22-Sep-20 15:33:19

Had mine at Tesco yesterday as I have for four years. Very well organised and now you book online. Our surgery sends reminders but never does them till into October so I'm glad to have had mine 3 weeks earlier. I think a big shout to pharmacies during Covid. Always open and talking to people face to face - I saw two getting advice from pharmacist yesterday. Most GPs in our area won't have patients anywhere near the surgery. In this case saving the NHS for what? And what are these part-time practitioners doing along with the surgeons who have empty operating lists? Sorry for the rant but I heard of an acquaintance yesterday, brain tumour missed during the summer with only video consultations available angry

MayBee70 Tue 22-Sep-20 15:39:03

Had ours at Boots last week. I’ve had one for years but, for some reason felt incredibly tired afterwards. Never affected me that way before.

chelseababy Tue 22-Sep-20 15:52:56

Apparently there's no stock of the jab for understanding 65s

SueDonim Tue 22-Sep-20 16:04:48

My Health Board has decided to change the entire system this year - talk about choosing your moment. hmm

There has been no info whatsoever of what this might entail, except it could involve schools. No time scale whatsoever.

I’ve tried to book at Boots but they’re currently full and taking no more booking until mid-October.

Maggiemaybe Tue 22-Sep-20 16:33:37

We had ours done at Boots this lunchtime. We were told they have no appointments now till mid-October, so I’m glad we booked early. I think it’s probably a coincidence, MayBee70, but my other half has been zonked out on the sofa for the last hour, which is very unusual for him. smile

trisher Tue 22-Sep-20 16:59:43

Had mine at my GPs this morning. It is the first time I have ever had one (I'm 74). Done very efficiently and quickly. I was offered the pneumonia and shingles vaccines as well but I'm still thinking about those. Any personal experiences of them? I seem to be fine with the flu one. I decided I should have more protection this year both for myself, and so I didn't put any strain on the NHS.

Kate1949 Tue 22-Sep-20 16:59:57

I've booked my first one ever (I'm 71) at the Well Pharmacy. I'm very nervous because I keep listening to people who've had a bad reaction but I think it's wise to have one now.

Kate1949 Tue 22-Sep-20 17:01:27

trisher DH has had the shingles and pneumonia onrs with no adverse effects.

Kate1949 Tue 22-Sep-20 17:01:50

ones

Elizabeth1 Tue 22-Sep-20 17:26:43

My gps admin says follow the advice on the letter you’ve received. That’s been a waste of time the nhs email address just bounced back to me the phone number keeps on ringing ringing ringing. I’m pleased to say my DH got the local pharmacist to agree to give us a jab however they’re supply won’t be delivered for. 1-2 weeks then they’re going to phone us with appointments. That’s another thing on my worry list ticked off thanks

threexnanny Tue 22-Sep-20 17:36:38

We've both had the jab at Boots as we wanted it sooner rather than later. Usually I get a sore arm and sometimes feel a bit off for a day or two, but this year no ill effects at all. OH on the other hand had a very painful arm, slight temperature and an upset tummy. Very unusual.