Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU about other peoples visitors

(179 Posts)
Flakesdayout Sun 18-Oct-20 16:10:03

I was having a good day then saw that my neighbour has yet another person visiting. Yesterday she had two separate visitors. I understood that we cannot have people from another household into our homes as we are now in Tier 2. My friend is also planning to flout the rules. She is saying it is her support bubble. Yet I am doing as I am asked and have not been to visit my sons. I know we can visit in gardens but the weather isn't great. AIBU to be getting slightly p'd off with the blatant disregard for the guidance.

PECS Thu 29-Oct-20 08:57:45

It is a crying shame that too many people are arrogant and selfish. If visitors are just that..friends popping over for a cuppa & chat to relieve the tediousness of lockdown then I would be tempted to inform.
Science/ research is suggesting that infection is often passed on in enclosed spaces & that in private homes people are more likely to forget what 2m is!

M0nica Thu 29-Oct-20 15:05:02

But why can we not have a set of clear and consistent rules that people are happy with and obey.

Far too often people are allowed to get together - cafes, pubs, restaurants - where even though there is social distancing, masks are not required because people are eating and drinking (and chatting and laughing) but made to wear them in churches, where there is definitely social distancing and no singing or talking to each other etc.

If people are to obey rules they need to respect those making them and be confident they make sense. Currently, with those in the public eye, including MPs, treating these regulations with scant respect themselves, and many of the regulations inconsistent and confusing, is it surprising people treat the regulations as lightly as do those that make them.

AGAA4 Thu 29-Oct-20 16:27:20

The tier system is open to misinterpretation as some of the rules make no sense. People are tired of rules and will just do what they want. No wonder the cases of coronavirus are rising alarmingly. It is hard on all who have done their best to keep themselves and others safe.