Gransnet forums

AIBU

I don’t need a reply just needed to tell someone

(69 Posts)
pinkjj27 Fri 01-Jan-21 13:16:23

I don’t post very often but just need someone to tell.
I am a widow with lupus and anxiety issues so I have just been keeping to myself.
. Last night my next door neighbour had a party about 70 people. I was thinking about reporting it on line but police turn before I had a chance. The police did nothing. Party went on till 3 am.
This morning the young girlwho held the party knocked on my door screaming at me, calling me old and Dried up, she called me a nutter and said she started a petition to get me evicted. She told me to go shag my dead husband. she just kept saying "look how beautiful I am and look at you dried up jealous lonely old cow even your husband died to get away from you". Even your family don’t want you. I had to force my door shut as she was pushing against it.

I called the police who rang me back and said they can’t come out but just to ignore her and report it to my local council.
I do suffer mental health issues and I can’t stop shaking I don’t need any one to respond, but I feel so alone and just needed to tell someone. It wasn’t even me that phoned the police.

pinkjj27 Fri 01-Jan-21 15:24:58

Gosh thank you.
Wheniwasyourage crazyH I am private she is council.
Grannynannywanny Yes I do get on well with other neighbours, I did consider letting them know ( if they didn’t see or hear it) But people don’t like to get involved.
gulligranny Yes I am ok thank you, just trying to forget it but she picked on everything I am insecure about.
silverlining48Ohmother* thank you
Sarnia I was actually friends with her. Which is why she knew my vulnerabilities/ insecurities. I would always buy her kids presents on birthdays, Easter Halloween and Christmas, but then at the very start of COVID she began bossing me about, telling me I had to stockpile and how disgusting I was for not preparing ( she seemed to being taking COVID-19_ very seriously last Jan/ February.) However then in lock down she just went wild, holding parties, BQs gettogethers hugging people passing by so on. Ion the other hand went into lockdown I saw no one, I never went out expect for a walk .
I lost my job due to COVID. I teach A-levels and they closed the course. She taxed me in March and asked me when I was going to buy her son a birthday gift. I explained that I had lost my job and she said “so? you can’t let a child down he doesnt understand that you have lost your job he is expecting a gift. Buy him a gift now or we are done” . She called me a selfish old cow. I must admit I did tell her to do one and I didn’t mince my words.
I havent spoken to her since March. She texted me in December asking me if I was going to buy her boys a gift and what they wanted. I ignored it, this year has been hard and I havent been well I Struggled to get my own 7 grandkids gifts.
she had parties all over Christmas with about 20 people every time.Last night was massive around 70 people.

Update the police did ring me back and say they are still investigating the party and they will email me a crime number. They also said if I am upset speak to the Samaritians, they said ring 999 if it happens again. They added that can’t come out as she didn’t actually hit me (she went to but I got the door shut in time) They were very kind but can’t do anything.
I am touched by all the replies thank you I don’t feel so alone now.
If I havent mentioned your name it’s because I got a bit overwhelmed but thank you taking the time to answer.

Helenlouise3 Fri 01-Jan-21 15:29:10

Get on the phone to the police again and get a name rank and number and insist that they come out.

Wheniwasyourage Fri 01-Jan-21 15:39:14

Glad we've helped you to feel less alone. We don't always spend our time arguing about politics! wink

Just call on the massed ranks of GNers and we'll come round and sort her out!

Grammaretto Fri 01-Jan-21 15:52:51

She sounds like the neighbour from HELL! I am so sorry you have been dealt this woman in life's lottery.
She is definitely the one with "Issues" not you.
I hope the police or Samaritans can help.
Are any of your DC available for a chat or any friends?
It sounds as though this awful woman has the whole street terrified of her.

I once had a dysfunctional family living in social (emergency) housing nearby and my DD was frightened to walk past because of the verbal abuse and bad language.
Eventually she/they was rehoused.

You could threaten this person with eviction I suppose.

welbeck Fri 01-Jan-21 16:16:15

if you still have those texts from her, keep them. it shews a pattern of behaviour.
also if your phone is able to record, practice how to do that in a hurry, so as to be ready for any more onslaughts.
do not open your door to anyone. shout through the door, or a window. be careful of the letterbox, put a heavy large cloth hanging over it inside.
try not to be drawn in to any dealings with her.
good luck.
imagine a phalanx of GNers marching around your house, maroon shields glinting in the wintry sun, with battle-axes held aloft, crying, hurrah for the pink one.

SueDonim Fri 01-Jan-21 16:23:48

I’m sorry you’ve had to put up with such abuse, Pinkjj27.

Your second post, expanding on your relationship with this person, suggests to me that she’s using coercive control on you. That’s now a crime and any evidence you have such as texts could be very useful for police and/or council, should the situation escalate further. flowers

pinkjj27 Fri 01-Jan-21 16:39:34

She looks like Kim Kardashian who is her idol, She Dresses like her in tiny tight tops and leather pants or tiny skirts and has had lots of work done her lips are very big as are her boobs and bottom .
She just kept saying look at me I am beautiful you are dirty old and dried up nutter. Go shag your dead husband no man alive would want you. I know she was right ( but am not dirty ) but I don’t want a man I still miss my husband that’s why I am alone.
She has had many affairs and once told her husband she had spend the night at mine and I got very upset asking her not to use me.
She is a receptionist at a private dentist that my Dc go to They love the dentist but she has threatened to get the stuck off so i don’t want to involve my family,
Grammaretto she was once in social (emergency) housing as she was evicted from her last home but she moved here. She actually comes over as sweet until somone doesnt do what she wants then she is like a fish wife.
s

Nanof3 Fri 01-Jan-21 16:52:31

What a horrible experience, it must have left you very shaken and upset.
Reading your 2nd post it seems clear that your neighbours demand that you buy presents for her family even though you are not related to them and she also knows you have lost your job is clear Elder Abuse.
This is taken very seriously by Social Services, please call them as soon as the offices are open next week, there will be a phone number on your council website, if you feel you need support in the meantime there is usually someone on duty that you can talk to.

Ohmother Fri 01-Jan-21 17:10:02

You can also call Age Concern for back up about the coercive control. You need protection from her and as she has a history it should be easier to get help. Come on girl; you can do it! ??

Ailidh Fri 01-Jan-21 17:11:55

What a dreadful experience, and also a horrible pattern of behaviour.

I'm glad the police are investigating the party and are to send you a crime reference number. You are now on record with them, which is good.

I agree with what the others have said about social services and coercive control. Would it be useful to contact Age UK? They have all sorts of expertises that might be able to help, to point you in the right direction, and to act as an advocate - sometimes "authorities" listen more to us when we have an expert body on our side.

Ailidh Fri 01-Jan-21 17:12:35

Ohmother

You can also call Age Concern for back up about the coercive control. You need protection from her and as she has a history it should be easier to get help. Come on girl; you can do it! ??

Cross posting!! ?

Toadinthehole Fri 01-Jan-21 17:20:37

Please keep badgering the police. Don’t wait for any more harassment, although it’s a good idea to keep a record as Monica says. Our NHW has told us all to phone 999 if anything like this happens. We were told the police want to know. Get your local MP involved too, the council, anyone you can think of. These brain dead morons need to be removed from law abiding decent people. How awful for you, I am so sorry. I do hope it all settles down. Just remember, you can walk away from people like this. She has to look at herself in the mirror every day.?

Toadinthehole Fri 01-Jan-21 17:23:03

Sorry, didn’t see your updates.

DiscoDancer1975 Fri 01-Jan-21 17:32:57

She sounds horrendous, and full of plastic, yeuch. She’s going to dry up a lot quicker having all that done. I remember years ago, on a beach in Italy, this crinkled old lady lying on a sun lounger, well ‘ cooked’. Looked like ‘ Madge’ from ‘ Benidorm’. The only thing was, she had these huge plastic boobs which had obviously not aged like she had. My husband nearly threw up?. I’m so sorry you went through that, but just put that image in your mind, with this girl’s face on it. Eventually, she’ll be a pair of lips, bum and boobs. That’s if she gets that far, and it doesn’t all need removing. Her poor husband and children. Feel sorry for them.

avitorl Fri 01-Jan-21 17:35:21

What a dreadful thing to happen to you.She is obviously a horrible Bully ,picking on someone she knows to be vulnerable,remind yourself that you are loved and appreciated by people who really matter to you and find some comfort in that.
I recently rang Age Concern because I was feeling vulnerable and the person I spoke to was very kind and supportive.

Luckygirl Fri 01-Jan-21 17:42:16

That is dreadful - truly dreadful. I am sorry you had to endure this.

You know in your heart of hearts that this woman is in the wrong, that she is not someone to be respected.

I hope that you can rise above this and carry on. But I do understand how hard it must be for you to have such an unpleasant neighbour.

Confrontation is always hard and makes everyone feel tense and crushed. flowers

Luckygirl Fri 01-Jan-21 17:43:33

I have just read your update - she sounds seriously bonkers!

Buffybee Fri 01-Jan-21 17:54:18

What a bullying slapper person she is.
I would definitely follow all the advise above, get in touch with every organisation you can think of to help. Tell the Police that you are afraid of her and think that the aggression may intensify if she isn't spoken to.
Don't allow this horrible "woman" to make your anxiety worse, ignore the stupid, childish things she said.
Sending hugs ? ?

pinkjj27 Fri 01-Jan-21 18:05:24

Thank you to everyone who replied I was very upset this morning and just wanted to join my husband. I had done nothing wrong and didn’t see it coming. There are many neighbours in my street who could have called the police but she didn’t accuse them she actually picked on me as the only person who lives alone. I think as you lovely people have suggested it says more about her than me.
I was upset because she said she had a petition to get me out. After thinking about it, I am very quiet and don’t bother anyone. I get on with most people I can’t see many people wanting to sign it.
I was upset because she picked on my dead husband but he was a fighter fighter and would have just laughed.

I also know that she has stolen from the dentist she works for taking teeth whiting kits, mouthwashes and tooth paste and passing them to friends (I refused to take or buy anything from her. I also made her aware I didn’t approve)

I felt bad by her hurtful comments (I have always been so kind to her) but post on here like the one from DiscoDancer1975 have made me laugh. She called me jealous but I don’t want to look like Kim Kardashian. I actually keep myself slim and healthy and I am proud of the person I am. I have now put her comments into perspective with the help of replies on here so thank you again .

pinkjj27 Fri 01-Jan-21 18:07:20

Teeth whitening

Ohmother Fri 01-Jan-21 18:38:44

You don’t have to justify yourself to anyone. I guess the petition thing is something she’s heard at her previous location. I bet her old neighbours got one up to move HER on! You are not in danger of being moved out my lovely.

Toadinthehole Fri 01-Jan-21 18:45:52

Aww, bless you, you sound lovely. *Disco’s post was funny, and so true. She said to feel sorry for her husband and children.....but also, I would add, her too. Happy people don’t need to be so disgustingly awful to others. Just take comfort in that she’s obviously a very unhappy person. I do hope you get it sorted. Hopefully, she’ll be sent into outer space or somewhere further. God bless?

Artaylar Fri 01-Jan-21 18:50:53

I'm so sorry that you have been on the receiving end of such vile behaviour pinkjj27, she sounds an absolutely appalling disgrace to the human race.

Action on Elder Abuse has a free confidential helpline which might be worth trying for both practical advice and moral support
www.thenationalcareline.org/AccessingHelp/ActionOnElderAbuse

Whingingmom Fri 01-Jan-21 18:58:59

I don’t have any advice other than that has already been given, just that I’m so sorry someone was so horrible to you. You must have felt very shocked and shaken up. I am sending you good thoughts and a virtual hug x

TrendyNannie6 Fri 01-Jan-21 22:06:06

She sounds as though she should be on the Jerry springer show, what a vile human being and what a lovely mouth on her, I’m so sorry this happened to you, I have a feeling she will be signing her pathetic petition many times herself pink! She certainly needs putting in her place, Don’t worry I doubt if this is a one off episode obviously shocking for you but she will soon realise you can’t get away with this sort of bullying behaviour, hopefully karma will bite her on her bum