Gransnet forums

AIBU

Pet hates but keep it ‘nice’

(143 Posts)
nanna8 Sat 23-Jan-21 12:20:32

One of mine is interviewers on tv and radio who take over the interview and constantly interrupt with their viewpoint. Very,very annoying and there seems to be a lot of them these days. We need more like the wonderful Michael Parkinson.

Washerwoman Mon 25-Jan-21 18:56:45

As ever flytipping and litter.
But my latest pet hate is the number of programmes that have a constant background of jazzy music playing in the background .Cookery programmes like Nigellas.Eat well for less.Travel programmes etc for example.It's as if the producers think we need something extra to keep our attention.

Witzend Tue 26-Jan-21 08:49:16

Ditto to ‘baby steps’ @Notinthemanual. Ugh!

gma Tue 26-Jan-21 08:54:26

When I ask somebody ‘how are you?’ And they reply ‘I’m good’ !!!

henetha Tue 26-Jan-21 10:41:00

The way mens shirts are sold with lots of wrappings.
Just hang them on hangers like ladies blouses!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 26-Jan-21 14:15:45

So-called Juliet balconies - it's not a balcony, it's a big window with a barrier to prevent accidents. No way is it a balcony.

Bellanonna Tue 26-Jan-21 15:07:22

Movies. Ok that proves I’m old, but what’s wrong with films?

Bellanonna Tue 26-Jan-21 15:10:33

All my grandchildren answer “I’m good”. If only....

sodapop Tue 26-Jan-21 18:48:30

Yes why do they do that henetha that method of packaging has not changed in years.

Gin Tue 26-Jan-21 23:00:18

Have just remembered another one. People who call their cats or dogs ‘fur babies’ Grrrrrr!

Callistemon Tue 26-Jan-21 23:01:06

Famous and rich celebrities who are on TV selling us products we don't particularly want or care about.

It really annoys me when Ant and Dec, Keira Knightley, that pouty blond American actor, etc etc are on our screens day after day when there must be so many struggling actors who could really do with the work are ignored in favour of these overpaid, over-indulged 'stars'.
Surely they can remember the days when they were unknown and struggling?

In fact, it puts me off the products.

Rant over!!

nanna8 Tue 26-Jan-21 23:15:25

Totally with you there Callistemon!

This morning my pet hate is the possum who ate my tomatoes overnight. I was thinking I would pick some today and all that was there was - possum poo.

Eloethan Tue 26-Jan-21 23:56:42

I wouldn't say "hates" but perhaps "irritants":

Newsreaders who say "the Pry Minister" - it seems to be most of them pronounce it that way.

Different to instead of different from.

My bad - infuriates me, plus I'm good.

I don't mind those ludicrous labels - like "serving suggestion only" when it is quite obvious that a steak and kidney pie, mashed potatoes and a selection of veg couldn't possibly fit into that small package. It makes me laugh.

nanna8 Wed 27-Jan-21 11:33:52

I’m beginning to really hate all the ads on Facebook. There seem to be more and more of them and I am considering leaving it.

Bellanonna Wed 27-Jan-21 11:37:31

I’m with you on different “to” Eloethan

JanetG Wed 27-Jan-21 11:42:37

So.....I’m good, I have a window in my blue sky thinking for a win win situation. My bad!

Mummybear Thu 28-Jan-21 00:49:57

People eating with their mouth open please close you mouth when you are eating/chewing food

grandtanteJE65 Thu 28-Jan-21 13:12:56

Commentators on the radio, who when introducing a classical concert give you the entire life history of the composer whose music you will be hearing, instead of just starting the programme.

Those of us who habitually listen to these concerts either know the life history of the composer or where to look it up.