Gransnet forums

AIBU

Well done Ben Fogle.

(61 Posts)
Bridgeit Wed 03-Mar-21 18:33:47

Ben Fogle refused to discuss Meghan Markle with Piers Morgan, who was desperately trying to slate her & Prince Harry.
Isn’t it time for all this unsavoury rubbish to stop ?

grandmajet Sun 07-Mar-21 08:46:44

I agree Callistemon, but some people view accentless as posh these days, and therefore not worthy of having an opinion relevant to ‘real’ people.

Maybe that is why so many in the public eye seem to put on a fake Estuary English accent these days. Your opinion is valid if you’re a geezer!

Callistemon Fri 05-Mar-21 15:55:28

He's not posh, he is accentless.

His father is Canadian - do Canadians do posh?

grandmajet Fri 05-Mar-21 13:16:55

I guess she doesn’t like him because he ‘talks posh’.

Washerwoman Fri 05-Mar-21 13:11:48

Which man, what plum?Ladygracie.I'm guessing you mean Ben Fogle ?

Fennel Fri 05-Mar-21 13:02:33

We enjoyed this series:
www.channel5.com/show/ben-fogle-new-lives-in-the-wild/
I'm going to watch it again.

Callistemon Thu 04-Mar-21 22:19:19

?

NellG Thu 04-Mar-21 22:10:00

Fair enough Callistemon, we can't all like the same things, or people.

Callistemon Thu 04-Mar-21 21:50:38

NellG

It's nice to see someone showing a bit of loyalty to friends, it made him slightly less vapid as a TV personality.

I don't think he is a bit vapid, his programmes are very interesting.
IMO of course.

JuneRose Thu 04-Mar-21 21:43:46

What is good about an interview where the interviewee is unable to make their reply heard over the constant interruptions and heckling of the interviewer?

LadyGracie Thu 04-Mar-21 14:50:21

Can't abide the man, he could well choke on that plum!

MayBee70 Thu 04-Mar-21 14:42:29

I’m a bit annoyed with Ben Fogle (who I usually like) for saying it was ok for dogs to chase sticks after Monty Don tried to educate people about stick throwing when his dog almost died. Was very disappointed/surprised by Ben’s comment.

Iam64 Thu 04-Mar-21 13:52:22

Timetogo2016 - I maybe a lone voice here but, I dislike the language you used when suggesting a username for piers Morgan. (11.09 today)
It’s nothing to do with my view of Morgan, more to do with dislike of foul language on line.

Sarnia Thu 04-Mar-21 11:18:55

The Harry & Meghan saga will run and run. It isn't just the likes of Piers Morgan who keeps them in the public eye; They are a very contradictory couple. They say how much they value their privacy but aren't backwards in coming forwards when they want the media spotlight shining on them. Harry is like his mother in that respect. Oprah's interview is airing on Monday, although it would show some respect to his family if Harry was to postpone it until his grandfather is better. Oprah is said to be livid that Harry also spoke to James Corden and his interview will be shown before hers. She has 'lost millions' according to her. Pass the Kleenex. Next week will be wall to wall H&M (not the clothing chain!) with some unsavoury and hurtful comments if their past performances are anything to go by. I do not wish either of them any ill will but I am not interested in what they have to say on Monday. Interestingly it is also World Women's Day and a directive from them is asking for the treatment of women to improve. Perhaps Meghan could take this on board after her bullying towards 3 previous female employees has just come to light.

timetogo2016 Thu 04-Mar-21 11:09:47

I think shitforbrains Grandmajet,it would suit him down to the ground.

Mapleleaf Thu 04-Mar-21 10:59:52

I didn't see the interview as I can't abide Piers Morgan. However, well done Ben Fogle for refusing to discuss a topic which would have,without doubt, further inflated the ego and self importance of PM. It's nice to see someone exhibit discretion, and not be bullied by that self important nobody.

NellG Thu 04-Mar-21 09:55:56

It's nice to see someone showing a bit of loyalty to friends, it made him slightly less vapid as a TV personality.

Ellianne Thu 04-Mar-21 09:35:30

I always find him a bit reckless in what he chooses to do! I wouldn't want to go inside Chernobyl or trek up dangerous mountains or sail across choppy oceans. Didn't he nearly die once from some flesh eating disease?

Boz Thu 04-Mar-21 09:34:23

His Mother sang 'alf a sixpence with Tommy Steele. Julia Foster, I think.

Gwyneth Thu 04-Mar-21 09:32:29

Ben Fogle was on television last night Channel 5 on ‘Inside Chernobyl’. It was 35 years ago. Both fascinating and chilling to watch.

Anniebach Thu 04-Mar-21 09:26:39

His father a vet, his mother an actress

Ellianne Thu 04-Mar-21 09:24:39

I saw him only this week in a programme about a family from London who moved to Devon to live entirely off the land. He mucked in to help and really understood and admired their way of life.
He is very personable, no airs and graces. Was his father a TV vet or something?

Mollygo Thu 04-Mar-21 09:20:38

OK back to Ben.
I’ve liked Ben Fogle ever since his early appearance on Castaway 2000. He is an excellent presenter. I didn’t see him with Piers Morgan because I don’t like PM so can’t comment on that interview.

Ellianne Thu 04-Mar-21 09:11:19

Anniebach

Is this thread about Ben Fogle or fellow posters ?

grin

Anniebach Thu 04-Mar-21 09:07:39

Is this thread about Ben Fogle or fellow posters ?

FindingNemo15 Thu 04-Mar-21 09:04:52

Did anyone watch Ben when he visited the animal rescue home called Puffin Croft at John O'Groats? I really enjoyed it and he certainly did because they went back for a further visit.