Gransnet forums

AIBU

I feel so angry with Meghan & Harry

(240 Posts)
SecondhandRose Fri 05-Mar-21 17:37:52

All the drivel about privacy and they do an interview with Oprah. I feel ashamed for Harry that he feels the need to air his dirty linen in public. What do they get from this? I have no idea. Prince Philip is in hospital and I just feel like saying shame on you both.

trisher Fri 05-Mar-21 21:37:51

Thank you Callistemon but there's still the heel turning. I think this society is a bit Knitist.

NellG Fri 05-Mar-21 21:41:38

Smiles if you're old enough to qualify, even naked there will be something you can tie a knot in! wink

Smileless2012 Fri 05-Mar-21 21:44:15

Ooooh how rudegrin

NellG Fri 05-Mar-21 21:46:20

Smileless2012

Ooooh how rudegrin

Hahahahaha.

Callistemon Fri 05-Mar-21 21:48:31

My friend gave me a book on sock knitting with lots of nice patterns.

It's lovely to glance through occasionally.

Callistemon Fri 05-Mar-21 21:50:05

NellG

Smiles if you're old enough to qualify, even naked there will be something you can tie a knot in! wink

I thought that but decided it was too rude to post

???

crazyH Fri 05-Mar-21 21:52:09

Interesting - the origin of Gransnet ?when? first post ?

NellG Fri 05-Mar-21 21:54:21

No holds barred in the NellG house Callistemon ?

Callistemon Fri 05-Mar-21 21:56:04

?

Must go, I am turning a corner, sorry heel.

NellG Fri 05-Mar-21 21:57:48

Senior Grans, we salute you!

annodomini Fri 05-Mar-21 22:02:50

I claim seniority! Since July 2011, I think. And, though I am not overtly bossy - just try me! By the way why all this fuss about H&M - it's a shop, isn't it?
I don't knit socks but I do wear them in bed, surely a qualification for a very senior (octogenarian) gran.

Lucca Fri 05-Mar-21 22:05:09

NellG

Yes, they're massively entitled aren't they? Thanks for finally admitting it Lucca wink grin

Never denied it. All the royal family, aristocrats Rees-moggs etc are entitled.

LauraNorder Fri 05-Mar-21 22:05:49

NellG

And if it’s not where you expect it to be, it will be sprouting from the chin

NellG Fri 05-Mar-21 22:08:43

Awww, come on Lucca, crack a smile! It doesn't always have to be a fight to the brink of the will to live.

Smileless2012 Fri 05-Mar-21 22:33:21

I always had you marked down for a lady Callistemonsmile

That was very naughty LauraNorder; you made me choke on my Ovaltine coffee.

2013 for me annodomini. I bow to your
octogenarianism seniority.

Marydoll Fri 05-Mar-21 23:02:30

I'm a mere babe in arms, 2015 for me, but I'm a fast learner! Could I please classed as a senior gran on probation? I promise to try hard, while wearing my onsie.
I don't do naked, too traumatic for my toyboy!

I have forgotten how to turn a sock, but that could be classed as a senior moment, methinks. wink

Luckygirl Fri 05-Mar-21 23:04:01

Meghan comes from a very different culture; and the royal family in its turn is a very different culture from ordinary British folk.

Americans sometimes find it hard enough to deal with the stiff upper lip, buttoned-up attitude (as they see it) of the British, but to deal with the extreme of the royal family is a big ask, and too big a hill to climb.

Harry himself was teetering on the periphery in any case, having felt uncomfortable with all that being part of that family had caused him in the form of the death of his mother.

So - he finds himself in love with an American who inevitably reinforced his concerns. And he decided to quit. Sounds reasonable to me.

Smileless2012 Fri 05-Mar-21 23:06:02

Well we may have to have a secret meeting to decide how long the probation period needs to last Marydoll but I'm sure it will be OK.

Smileless2012 Fri 05-Mar-21 23:08:49

H falls "in love with an American who inevitably reinforced his concerns. And he decided to quite". Sounded reasonable to me too Luckygirl so why didn't they just quit?

Marydoll Fri 05-Mar-21 23:38:34

Smileless, I'm taken aback at the thought of being accepted into the inner sanctum. Is there an induction ceremony, where I must incur the wrath of HQ to pass the test? Are there code words, so that we can recognise each other? e.g plimsolls, Shoezone, school holidays, Are you new to GN? , I've not seen you posting before. So many questions, but very few answers! wink

I could wear my best dirndl skirt, with the elastic waist and get a blue rinse to make me look older.

LauraNorder Fri 05-Mar-21 23:51:17

Oops, nodded off on the sofa, does this mean I qualify as a senior Gran? No inductions please, I much prefer a ceramic hob.
Dirndl skirts Marydoll you minx.
Blossoming, I suspect you are the senior senior Gran pretending not to be and banning yourself from posting on certain subjects. If this is not the case, you must be brave and post to your hearts content to draw out the senior Grans, then we can zap them.

Squiffy Fri 05-Mar-21 23:52:00

I've been on GN for about seven years, does that qualify me? I can only knit in straight lines, so would a scarf count?

LauraNorder Fri 05-Mar-21 23:54:14

I am now lying in bed with my pyjama leg rolled up, waiting to be inducted.
Ooh Orlin, you are norty. Orlin........Orlin.....are you awake...

LauraNorder Fri 05-Mar-21 23:56:14

Luckygirl either you are a senior Gran spy or you have just landed in a parallel universe

Kamiso Sat 06-Mar-21 00:04:50

I once knitted a scarf for my nephew’s teddy. It started off as a blanket for his pushchair. At least the teddy didn’t complain about the dropped stitches. I also nearly darned a sock once so hopefully that counts towards membership points.