Gransnet forums

AIBU

Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson

(77 Posts)
Catlover21 Sun 04-Apr-21 12:57:35

AIBU to expect Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson to stop having a go at Prince Harry and Meghan. To me their behaviour and the continual reporting in the press of their various obnoxious statements smacks of bullying.

Anniebach Mon 05-Apr-21 19:08:49

But it isn’t the majority of the UK ,

EllanVannin Mon 05-Apr-21 19:11:42

Free Speech isn't it ?

EllanVannin Mon 05-Apr-21 19:12:38

Where would we be without it ??

sankev Mon 05-Apr-21 19:13:17

They have a right to an opinion as do we. Don’t totally agree with them but what a boring world if we were all the same. Not a big Megan fan and really believe the interview was very biased. Oprah definitely didn’t ask relevant questions.

Chewbacca Mon 05-Apr-21 19:13:36

They are two willy waving men probably with not much to wave

Drat! I missed that bit! Is it on catch up?

suziewoozie Mon 05-Apr-21 19:16:27

Chewbacca

^They are two willy waving men probably with not much to wave^

Drat! I missed that bit! Is it on catch up?

Not missed much ?

suziewoozie Mon 05-Apr-21 19:18:42

Anniebach

But it isn’t the majority of the UK ,

Well we don’t know that but so what if it’s true? Being in a majority doesn’t mean you’re necessarily right, it just means more of you are wrong than right. ?

JenniferEccles Mon 05-Apr-21 19:23:40

I believe the numbers of people who contacted him agreeing with him far exceeded those who complained.

He was speaking for a hell of a lot of people and I am still struggling to understand why he had to leave his job simply for stating his opinion.

He did stress that he wasn’t doubting that she felt suicidal as of course no one can see inside another’s mind, but as for the rest of the malicious accusations his view chimed with many especially in this country.

Apparently the Queen has been receiving sackfulls of letters each day from the public offering support at this awful time.

suziewoozie Mon 05-Apr-21 19:26:10

JenniferEccles

I believe the numbers of people who contacted him agreeing with him far exceeded those who complained.

He was speaking for a hell of a lot of people and I am still struggling to understand why he had to leave his job simply for stating his opinion.

He did stress that he wasn’t doubting that she felt suicidal as of course no one can see inside another’s mind, but as for the rest of the malicious accusations his view chimed with many especially in this country.

Apparently the Queen has been receiving sackfulls of letters each day from the public offering support at this awful time.

See my previous post re what being in a majority means.

eazybee Mon 05-Apr-21 20:03:18

See my previous post re what being in a majority means.
No. What you would like it to mean.

It means 'the greater number'; nothing to do with right or wrong, as you well know.
Is this the Meghan Markle school of 'our truth'?

Lucca Mon 05-Apr-21 20:10:13

If this thread is about Jeremy Clarkson, I cannot bear to watch him sorry. If it’s about Meghan again I think I’ll go and shoot myself.

Alegrias1 Mon 05-Apr-21 20:11:49

Whatever Morgan and Clarkson really think of she who must not be named, their loud trumpeting of "their truth" is more about them than anybody else. Morgan especially knows that many agree with him and that's why he keeps saying what he does - publicity for himself. Doesn't make him right though.

And Clarkson's pronouncements apparently were in his new TV show, which is not exactly winning plaudits from the audiences or the critics. And the comments were quite puerile, I believe, likening what MM said to the sound of bodily functions. Charmer.

So no Catlover21, YANBU.

trisher Mon 05-Apr-21 20:12:13

On any other. thread posters would be up in arms about bullying, dominating men denigrating women, but hey it's Maghan Markle so anything goes. Amazing how those who profess to believe women are badly treated by men choose to support the men when it suits them. Do they not realise this is where the mistreatment begins?

trisher Mon 05-Apr-21 20:12:52

Apologies that should of course be Meghan.

Galaxy Mon 05-Apr-21 20:14:03

Quite dramatic Lucca. I would miss your posts wink

Anniebach Mon 05-Apr-21 20:27:52

I didn’t find Clarkson’s attempt at a joke amusing, he didn’t give an opinion on the interview.

trisher many women have criticised Meg, and men have defended her, wasn’t it a man who defended her in the barney with Morgan ? I didn’t see it, don’t watch breakfast shows.

Bridgeit Mon 05-Apr-21 20:37:31

Regardless of our like or dislike MM& PH,...... Piers Morgan & Jeremy Clarkson have shown themselves to be what many of us already recognised..... that is to say: Sad, pathetic, with overblown opinions of themselves etc etc ......

Anniebach Mon 05-Apr-21 20:50:11

Women criticising men - acceptable, men criticising women is a no no.

Lucca shooting yourself is drastic and very messy, perhaps less painful to avoid threads about Meg ?

Galaxy Mon 05-Apr-21 20:56:22

I dont think PM criticised Meghan, I think he is perfectly entitled to do that, I think he behaved like a stalker.

maddyone Mon 05-Apr-21 22:29:42

I don’t like either of them, if anything, I dislike Jeremy Clarkson more, but they have the right to state their opinions, and I have the right to neither listen (I don’t) nor take any notice of them. I don’t care for MM either, and I have the right to say that. Everyone else has the right to take not a jot of notice.

JuneRose Mon 05-Apr-21 22:34:37

He seems quite unbalanced on the subject. Pure spite. It might be his opinion but I don't want to hear it ad infinitum.

lemsip Mon 05-Apr-21 23:35:23

willy wavers

Low and infantile talk seeping in again.

suziewoozie Mon 05-Apr-21 23:40:02

lemsip

^willy wavers^

Low and infantile talk seeping in again.

???? It sums them up perfectly - men like them are willy wavers. Accurate, precise, says everything so succinctly about that type of man.

suziewoozie Mon 05-Apr-21 23:44:40

Gasp shock horror - from the Telegraph 2016

www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/while-male-leaders-stoop-to-willy-waving-it-is-the-women-who-are/

trisher Tue 06-Apr-21 09:56:56

There is a difference between balanced criticism, and men taking advantage of the dislike many profess for a particular woman, to express the venom and bile they feel for women in general. Call it willy waving if you like, but it's the verbal outpourings of two men who are clever enough to know they can't be personally violent, but they can fuel male hatred.