Gransnet forums

AIBU

Expecting glass ware to be wrapped at the till

(31 Posts)
Lilypops Sat 19-Jun-21 08:30:35

I bought some wine glasses, some Pyrex baking dishes at a well known chain beginning with W...O,s. After I paid I asked the woman on the till for some paper to wrap the glasses in. She said “. We don’t have it no more !!! How was I expected to get 6 wine glasses , 3 glass dishes home , without being wrapped, and not getting broken , they always used to have small sheets of brown paper, so I bought some extra carrier bags 10p each
and continued to wrap them at the till while she huffed and puffed at me. AIBU ?

FarNorth Fri 25-Jun-21 09:17:03

There's no reduction in waste if plastic bags are used instead of wrapping paper.
They could easily charge for wrapping paper, as they do for carriers. At least, then, those who want their things wrapped would not be unhappy customers.

Savvy Fri 25-Jun-21 09:27:53

Or alternatively buy it online and have it delivered all nicely wrapped.

Lin52 Fri 25-Jun-21 09:58:21

They need to take a leaf from German shops, all glassware and crockery wrapped without having to ask.

Nonogran Fri 25-Jun-21 12:12:41

Drives me mad if I buy a garment at the supermarket & have to first off all lay it down on what could be unseen muck on the conveyor belt and then have to put it, unwrapped in with my shopping. I wish supermarkets had paper bags or some kind of recyclable protection they could offer for garments.
It’s all getting a bit ridiculous especially as per the OP where glass & delicate items are involved.

M0nica Fri 25-Jun-21 12:57:43

I keep one roll up bag in my handbag only for clothes, so that i do not have to put clothes in bags with other shopping.