Gransnet forums

AIBU

Binned

(61 Posts)
User7777 Thu 29-Jul-21 16:52:13

Am I unreasonable. I like to put my recycling boxes near fr door ready for next day. Just incase I need to add more stuff. Some damn fool keeps taking it and putting it out early. 3pm previous day and collection not till next day. Adverse weather can blow it everywhere and foxes and other animals can feast and make a mess. The distance between door and bins is 25ft. I dont walk very well. Cant seem to catch the culprit

GrauntyHelen Sat 31-Jul-21 16:16:08

How very ungrateful

MissAdventure Sat 31-Jul-21 16:19:14

How to be grateful about something that makes life more difficult?
Disabled people are just that. People!
Would everyone appreciate others interfering with the way they do things, without checking first?
I wouldn't.

User7777 Sat 31-Jul-21 16:26:03

Problem solved. Bought a bin store. Had it erected in back garden. All recycling can now go out at last minute so I have recycled everything I need to.... basically I put it by front door 2 save me from tripping over it in hallway. Well... at least I still feel independent... for now. Thanks all

MissAdventure Sat 31-Jul-21 16:27:40

smile
That's great news.
Glad you've solved the issue.

welbeck Sat 31-Jul-21 17:22:46

4allweknow

You can lock a bin store.

many people have no room for a bin store, or live in rented accomm and not at liberty to build one.

welbeck Sat 31-Jul-21 17:55:15

everyone keeps them out front here.
never heard of dragging them through house, not since i was an infant with the old metal ones with ashes in them. and had to be carried.
people would refuse to do that round here. they'd just leave them on pavement if no frontage.
but then i'd never heard of people crossing your garden for wheelbarrow access until i read MN. is it ooop north ?

Pammie1 Sat 31-Jul-21 19:15:48

@GrauntyHelen How very ungrateful

Why ? Are you disabled ? Do you know the unintended consequences of kind acts carried out from the perspective of an able bodied person who can’t appreciate the difficulties faced by the disabled? No disabled person I know (and that includes myself) would dream of being ungrateful for the help received from kind people. All she, and I are saying is that it would be better for people to enquire as to what is helpful and what is not. What’s wrong with that ?

babzi Sat 31-Jul-21 19:31:23

Perhaps keep good relations with the neighbours. You never know when you might need their help.

moggie57 Wed 04-Aug-21 13:45:25

put a little note on it , saying please leave my bin where it is .

User7777 Fri 06-Aug-21 17:19:33

All went well this week, the bins went out 2 hours before collection. Instead of 24 hours before, as bin fancier was doing. Mystery solved, it's a local woman, who goes through everyone's recycling looking for magazines, that she can take instead of buying them. At least, it wasnt a male stalker. Alls well that ends well.