Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU - to feel bereft

(31 Posts)
Mammar59 Sat 09-Oct-21 19:14:21

Thank you. I appreciate your feedback. I guess the illness has made me feel vulnerable.

PollyTickle Sat 09-Oct-21 19:06:47

Hope you feel better soon. You’ll probably enjoy the steak all the more tomorrow. Is he cooking tomorrow too?

Baggs Sat 09-Oct-21 19:00:10

Your feelings are natural but the steak will be fine tomorrow ??

Blossoming Sat 09-Oct-21 18:55:48

I’m so sorry, it does seem rather thoughtless, probably made worse by being poorly. They may have meant to be kind by letting you rest. I hope you enjoy the steak tomorrow, chicken and vegetable broth is my go to when I’m recovering flowers

lemongrove Sat 09-Oct-21 18:52:52

I can’t see a problem, your husband let you sleep as long as you wanted and cooked something for him and your DD.
You can have the steak on Sunday.
So yes, you are being unreasonable.
Hope you feel better soon.

Mammar59 Sat 09-Oct-21 18:43:38

I'm full of cold at the moment. It has been particularly full on. Not covid as I have tested twice. Today I made a pan of Chicken and Vegetable broth. I also took out some steak from the freezer for dinner and told my husband and daughter. We normally eat around 7pm to 8pm. Well I went for a lie down at 3:30 pm saying I'll be about an hour. I awake at 5pm to smell tea cooking. Go into the kitchen. Husband is taking dinner out of the oven. Crispy coated chicken! He says, 'I've cooked this for us two as we didn't know if you would sleep on. We thought you would have the rest of your soup'. I said 'You both knew I got the steak out and we don't normally eat this early'. The answer was, 'Well daughter wanted to go home early'. She has a flat nearby but eats with us for convenience and to save money.
So why do I feel upset and bereft. Probably because when I am well I do all the cooking. I feel like I have had a premonition of what life could be without me around. It has quite affected me.