Gransnet forums

AIBU

I am in a filthy mood a really filthy mood because of a washing machine.

(52 Posts)
Sago Fri 12-Nov-21 17:55:36

I have had a full on day today and have a bad back, my 15 year old dog needed all her bedding washing because her bladder is weaker than mine.

The ** washing machine just would not spin the bedding, I rearranged it, took some out, put some in you name it.
Eventually after 5 attempts it was ready for the drier.

I have shouted,used filthy language and generally acted like a totally unhinged madwoman.

I am now quaffing wine and beginning to calm down.

Please someone tell me this is normal.

Urmstongran Fri 12-Nov-21 17:57:26

Like this? ?

BladeAnnie Fri 12-Nov-21 18:01:14

Wine ALWAYS has that lovely calming quality I find.....cheers ??

Redhead56 Fri 12-Nov-21 18:02:37

?it's completely normal enjoy you have had a bad day!

ElaineI Fri 12-Nov-21 18:05:06

Totally normal Sago! Been there, done that, drunk the wine! BTW my washing machine did that with towels then stopped. Repair man came yesterday - he said "never seen anything like this with AEG - your motor's fallen out!" shock
He was there for over an hour, fixed it and put a longer pipe on - cost £55! He is a gem!!!

fairfraise Fri 12-Nov-21 18:06:21

Funny you should say that because on the last page I was reading an advert for washing machines appeared in the middle of it.

Robin38 Fri 12-Nov-21 18:10:12

Haha sounds like one of my days! Enjoy your wine.????

Nonogran Fri 12-Nov-21 18:14:10

Perfectly normal to feel like this.
I’m so glad I’m not the only one who reacts like you do!
Well done for getting through it. Tomorrow is another day.

Granmarderby10 Fri 12-Nov-21 18:25:37

Perfectly normal Sago my washing machine is my most important domestic servant. I would actually go into a decline if it started to act up ?

gmarie3 Fri 12-Nov-21 18:38:09

Very normal! I jumped in my car yesterday to rush to my vaccine booster appointment but the car battery was dead because I'd left the %$#@! interior light on. When I was a girl and my dad was in the middle of a frustrating repair in the garage, my mother would warn me not to go out there because he was "turning the air blue". I did exactly that before asking a nice neighbor for a lift. Now, I'm in bed with miserable side effects, wishing I could have a glass of something or other, preferably beer but wine would do nicely. grin

M0nica Fri 12-Nov-21 19:08:14

Like the day a metal bit came off inside the drum of my Hotpoint WM. It ripped holes in a whole load of washing, including one garment I had had for over 20 years and carefully nurtutred because it was - and remains irreplaceable!

In these circumstances the are only two alternatives, weep or imbibe something strong.

Pammie1 Fri 12-Nov-21 19:23:43

I was never so glad that I extended the guarantee on my washing machine because it’s been a little ** for the last few weeks - engineer out three times. The last time was the same reason as yours, but not dog bedding but bath mats. So frustrating - acted pretty much unhinged myself, but like you, I solved the problem with a glass or two of wine - and some little nibbles to go with them too. Worked a treat !!

Sago Fri 12-Nov-21 19:44:51

Pammiel Did you put the wine and nibbles in the machine? ?????

rockgran Fri 12-Nov-21 20:48:47

I can swear like a trooper at machines although I wouldn't want anyone to hear me! I have quite a repertoire! I do sound unhinged at times but I'm sure it actually keeps me sane. As I don't drink I find a KitKat always helps.

Millie22 Fri 12-Nov-21 21:48:46

Ah washing machines. I actually hate it so much if they misbehave. I had a bath mat once that was too heavy and the machine wouldn't spin. I put a few more things in and hey presto it worked fine. It's all to do with the weight distribution apparently or some such thing.

Calistemon Fri 12-Nov-21 22:04:37

Being serious now, Sago but have you had a check for a UTI?
It can make your back hurt in the kidney area and you said your dog's bladder is weaker than mine.
Just a thought

Have a good swear and a nice drink of cranberry juice
?

Sago Fri 12-Nov-21 22:13:10

Calistemon I’m actually on top of the UTI’s at the moment!
This is deffo a dodgy back, constipation means no more Naproxen so I’m going cold turkey.

The amount of times we all have to bend each day is outrageous, you only notice when you have a problem!

I’ve sworn like a trooper, my husband was quite concerned, my dead friends and relations will be spinning in their graves and my children would possibly be quite proud of my repertoire.

It’s apparently some kind of safety mechanism in our washing machines so we don’t accidentally spin small children or animals.

Rosina Fri 12-Nov-21 22:18:27

This kind of behaviour is completely understandable and most theraputic. Shouting, kicking the casing (try to avoid kicking the control panel as this will cause further difficulties) throwing detergent about and swearing in an inventive manner are guaranteed to get it all out of your system, and it also keeps your blood pressure down. My OH is calm and controlled, and has to take a low dose BP tablet. I rant when provoked and my BP is perfect. Let rip, Sago and do yourself a lot of good.

BigBertha1 Fri 12-Nov-21 22:25:32

Sage you are my kind of person. I hope t wine was soothing.

Chewbacca Fri 12-Nov-21 22:26:29

Do you ever get so mad at an inanimate object that you can't find a swear word bad enough to convey just how mad you are at it? So you add them all together like "bloody buggering sodding etc etc"? I find that quite therapeutic smile

nadateturbe Fri 12-Nov-21 22:35:55

I too find swearing very therapeutics when something annoys me. My children would be very shocked if they heard me.

nadateturbe Fri 12-Nov-21 22:36:28

Hope you're feeling better Sago.

Sago Fri 12-Nov-21 22:45:18

??????I am feeling much better thanks all ?

Calistemon Sat 13-Nov-21 10:06:27

Chewbacca

Do you ever get so mad at an inanimate object that you can't find a swear word bad enough to convey just how mad you are at it? So you add them all together like "bloody buggering sodding etc etc"? I find that quite therapeutic smile

That sounds really rather restrained!!
???

Calistemon Sat 13-Nov-21 10:10:44

Calistemon I’m actually on top of the UTI’s at the moment!
This is deffo a dodgy back, constipation means no more Naproxen so I’m going cold turkey.

Oh, I can sympathise, saw the GP this week but no Naproxen, just a prescription for Ibuprofen gel and go and buy some paracetamol!