Gransnet forums

AIBU

I am in a filthy mood a really filthy mood because of a washing machine.

(53 Posts)
Sago Fri 12-Nov-21 17:55:36

I have had a full on day today and have a bad back, my 15 year old dog needed all her bedding washing because her bladder is weaker than mine.

The ** washing machine just would not spin the bedding, I rearranged it, took some out, put some in you name it.
Eventually after 5 attempts it was ready for the drier.

I have shouted,used filthy language and generally acted like a totally unhinged madwoman.

I am now quaffing wine and beginning to calm down.

Please someone tell me this is normal.

Calistemon Wed 24-Nov-21 22:20:35

Oh, goodness.
I bought some Christmas stamps today ?
That's a start!

Sago Wed 24-Nov-21 20:38:03

Calistemon Ha, all is well at the moment, Xmas shopping done, mince pies, pate, treacle tarts and loads of bread made and in the freezer.
So I’m smug which means something will probably sneak up and bite me on the arse and wipe the smug away!

Calistemon Wed 24-Nov-21 19:28:05

Have you kicked it yet, Sago?

Mind your big toe!

Witzend Wed 24-Nov-21 18:37:34

Chewbacca

Do you ever get so mad at an inanimate object that you can't find a swear word bad enough to convey just how mad you are at it? So you add them all together like "bloody buggering sodding etc etc"? I find that quite therapeutic smile

Yes, I’m good at that!
My father often used quaintly alliterative curses when e.g. he was profoundly frustrated at being unable to find something.

Among others I remember, ‘Crap and corruption! Shit and seduction!’ issuing from inside the cupboard under the stairs - while my mother tried (unsuccessfully) to look as if she wasn’t laughing. ?

Wheniwasyourage Wed 24-Nov-21 18:24:16

VioletSky grin

VioletSky Mon 22-Nov-21 19:34:51

Wheniwasyourage

Hope the cake is going well, VioletSky. It should do the trick, with a bit of luck. flowers

I was in a filthy mood this morning for no apparent reason, but with a lot of patience from DH and an Eccles cake, I feel better now.

Yes, thank you!

Everything is all done with a little help from my girls. I'll have my cake and eat it because apparently I have 2 and can only eat 1

Wheniwasyourage Mon 22-Nov-21 19:07:51

Hope the cake is going well, VioletSky. It should do the trick, with a bit of luck. flowers

I was in a filthy mood this morning for no apparent reason, but with a lot of patience from DH and an Eccles cake, I feel better now.

VioletSky Mon 22-Nov-21 18:45:29

I'm going to be in a filthy mood for three next 5 minutes while hiding with a cup of tea.

I'm generally quite a happy, optimistic person but at the moment I'm exhausted. I got 13,000 steps at work today and I did the whole day with awful IBS cramps worried I might need the loo.

I came home to a big mess, that I'm too tired to deal with and I'm cross with the people who made it.

Yet cakes happened and laughter happened and the only one in a filthy mood is me.

So 5 minutes with a cup of tea and then I'm going to wash up, hang up the washing that's been neglected in the washing machine, empty the neglected drier and then I'm going to eat cake. 5 minutes alone to hate everything, especially the pain in my body and then off I go.

rubysong Mon 22-Nov-21 18:35:43

Sympathy to everyone struggling with machines. I am having a very frustrating time as zoom has decided it can't see my speakers or microphone. There is nothing wrong with the speakers, they work for everything else. I am supposed to be in a zoom with DGS's school presentation on Wednesday and I don't want to let him down. (Me in UK, him in USA). We have lots of devices in this house but none of them work properly. Very frustrating. I am close to having a good swear!

MayBee70 Mon 22-Nov-21 16:25:44

Don’t they say that washing machines have lots of different cycles but most people only ever use one of them? I know I’m guilty of that.

Puzzled Mon 22-Nov-21 15:41:55

Washing machines are now so sophisticated that almost none will spin a load that is out of balance, and some actually weigh the load that you put in so that wash cycle can be adjusted to suit.
So, you are no longer in control of the machine, other than the On/Off switch!
Either the load is too heavy, or too out of balance.
Rearranging the load may overcome this, or wringing the load may set things in motion.
But the object was get rid of the water in the first place!
Talk about keeping a dog and barking yourself.

MayBee70 Tue 16-Nov-21 18:09:49

I’ll try the rejoin thing it suggested….

MayBee70 Tue 16-Nov-21 18:06:20

I’ve turned it off and turned it back on again several times! ( I used to watch The IT Crowd!!)

Dickens Tue 16-Nov-21 17:30:42

MayBee70

I keep having to reconnect to the internet now....

Sometimes an up upgrade / update will mess with your 'Settings'.

I haven't got an iPad, but if you go into your 'Settings' menu and look for the 'Wi-Fi' heading, then switch it off and then on again, that will sometimes fix the problem.

Or... see this...
appletoolbox.com/wifi-dropping-not-available-ios-update-fix/

MayBee70 Tue 16-Nov-21 16:50:57

I keep having to reconnect to the internet now....

annodomini Tue 16-Nov-21 16:22:34

My printer wasn't functioning with Bluetooth as it normally does. I had to get some instructions from its web page and follow them meticulously. miraculously it worked and now my printer has its own email address. Not sure why !

MayBee70 Tue 16-Nov-21 16:11:09

My iPad did an upgrade and I’ve just spent the day trying to retrieve everything. I’m lost without my ipad and have only just managed to get my emails working again. Going away tomorrow and need my iPad for just about everything. Thank goodness my limited technical skills worked eventually. It seems to have increased my security but to the point that it wouldn’t allow me onto it. Nightmare….

freedomfromthepast Mon 15-Nov-21 04:14:57

I am so glad that I am not the only one who gets rather irate when my washing machine does this. There aren't enough cusswords.

I used to be able to just spin again, but my new washer does a complete rinse and spin. I hate wasting water!

theworriedwell Sun 14-Nov-21 11:51:08

grandtanteJE65

I envy you the wine - we are strictly tea total as DH is an acoholic who does his level best not to drink.

It is my printer or Microsoft's updates rather that are driving me up the wall. Every blasted time I need the printer these days, a message pops up: printer is offline.

So I have to reinstall it - a task that should take 2 minutes, but often takes five or six attempts before it actually works.

And yes, the air is blue around me while I sort it out!

Printers are evil aren't they. I have a feeling of dread every time I need to print something so even on the rare occasions when the bloody things works I find myself wound up.

theworriedwell Sun 14-Nov-21 11:49:45

Seems a normal reaction to me except I'd be eating chocolate as I'm teetotal.

grandtanteJE65 Sun 14-Nov-21 11:45:45

I envy you the wine - we are strictly tea total as DH is an acoholic who does his level best not to drink.

It is my printer or Microsoft's updates rather that are driving me up the wall. Every blasted time I need the printer these days, a message pops up: printer is offline.

So I have to reinstall it - a task that should take 2 minutes, but often takes five or six attempts before it actually works.

And yes, the air is blue around me while I sort it out!

Sago Sun 14-Nov-21 09:18:11

Monica A slippery situation, I bet the air was blue.

M0nica Sun 14-Nov-21 07:45:16

Yesterday, DH went to microwave, opened it, saw the food cover in it and whipped it out having failed to notice that underneath it was a pyrex jug with half a pound of melted butter in it.

Thankfully the jug did not fly off the surface and break, but the butter went everywhere. I have washed the floor three times and think I have got all the butter off there, but I keep seeing spots on units, intensils etc, and no doubt will for the next couple of weeks.

M0nica Sun 14-Nov-21 07:45:16

Yesterday, DH went to microwave, opened it, saw the food cover in it and whipped it out having failed to notice that underneath it was a pyrex jug with half a pound of melted butter in it.

Thankfully the jug did not fly off the surface and break, but the butter went everywhere. I have washed the floor three times and think I have got all the butter off there, but I keep seeing spots on units, intensils etc, and no doubt will for the next couple of weeks.

DillytheGardener Sat 13-Nov-21 19:31:19

I swore at the dishwasher for opening mid wash yesterday, I could have cried, water everywhere. No you are not made, I hope you drank your weight in wine