Gransnet forums

AIBU

A like button?

(204 Posts)
CoffeeFirst Wed 04-May-22 07:35:15

I’ve been thinking (yes again) just how good it would be to have a ‘Like’ button against posts?

Sorry just thinking out aloud ??

FannyCornforth Mon 09-May-22 16:22:48

Reddit is ‘threaded’. I only realise this now.
I hate that layout.
But then I struggle with Reddit anyway (however; it is brilliant; I’ve even got my dad into it)

icanhandthemback Mon 09-May-22 19:26:17

MaizieD

Lucca

But you can bye using the quote option . I still don’t understand what threaded means or looks like.

You don't even have to clutter up the thread with huge 'quotes'. You can copy and paste the bit you want to reply to, with attribution to the person you're quoting. Just like we used to before we got the 'quote' function'

You don't even have to clutter up the thread with huge 'quotes'. You can copy and paste the bit you want to reply to, with attribution to the person you're quoting. Just like we used to before we got the 'quote' function'

But, people don't though, do they MaizieD. They answer several posts on (sometimes several pages on) with no attribution or clue as to what they are talking about. At least you'd stand some chance of seeing who they were responding to. Also, when a thread gets bogged down with an argument between 2 people who are tenacious and immoveable, you can just move on!

garnet25 Tue 10-May-22 14:19:50

Thank you icanhandthemback That is exactly what I meant.