Gransnet forums

AIBU

Swapping cups and plates.

(62 Posts)
Callistemon21 Thu 12-May-22 15:42:01

I have two favourite mugs and so does Himself.
The plates all get used if the family comes over ...

We have too many mugs ?

Baggs Thu 12-May-22 15:22:12

I put clean ones at the bottom of the pile and take off the top the ones I'm going to use next.

M0nica Thu 12-May-22 15:19:39

It just happens in our house, I have a full size dishwasher, which, with only two of us, I use once every two days, which means most of the plates are used and in the machine anyway.

With towels etc. I have only two sets for kitchen and bathroom. One in use and one in the wash, plus a few extras for emergencies.

Wheniwasyourage Thu 12-May-22 15:10:01

I rotate plates, bowls, towels, tea towels and knickers, but not mugs or glasses.

Makes a nice change to have a discussion about something which is completely trivial and has no right answers, isn't it? smile

BlueBelle Thu 12-May-22 15:08:09

No

Bellanonna Thu 12-May-22 15:07:12

Yes, I do rotate my plates

Blossoming Thu 12-May-22 15:00:54

We rotate plates and bowls but have favourite mugs for tea, coffee and other hot drinks.

Sara1954 Thu 12-May-22 14:34:32

Kate
I do that as well, I also do it with towels, underwear and nighties.
A bit different with plates and pasta bowls, because all the everyday stuff is on a plate rack.
I do the same at work, even when it’s not necessary, new stuff always goes to the back.

Kate1949 Thu 12-May-22 13:48:05

I put newly washed tea towels at the bottom of the pile so that they all get equal use. Daft I suppose.

tanith Thu 12-May-22 13:33:20

When I’m putting clean dishes away I do put the clean ones at the bottom and try to rotate mugs and glasses.

Cabbie21 Thu 12-May-22 13:13:27

Good idea in theory, but in practice it is not so easy now to fetch out items from the back of a cupboard or the bottom of a heavy pile.

kircubbin2000 Thu 12-May-22 13:11:11

Dermot O Leary admitted on a recent programme that he often brings up the plates from the bottom of the pile so that 'these fellows can have a turn.Same with mugs at the back of the cupboard, these chaps don't want to be left out. Does anyone else do this?
I do feel a bit guilty about my 2 special settings which I never use. I don't like the thought of them being left on the shelf! I