Gransnet forums

AIBU

Hairdressing rant

(55 Posts)
honeyrose Fri 22-Jul-22 22:26:24

What is it with hairdressers?! They often don’t understand that one centimetre off the length means one centimetre off the length - please!! They nearly always cut off much more. My hair is collar length and I had it cut today. I indicated how much I wanted trimming off with my thumb and first finger as the word “centimetre” or “half an inch” seems to mean nothing. The hairdresser even agreed with me that that was all that was required. So what do I see on the floor afterwards? About an inch and a half of hair. The photograph I showed the hairdresser - twice - for the style I wanted wasn’t adhered to without a word as to why not. Why do I often come away from the hairdresser without the result I want, even though I’ve tried my hardest to explain my requirements? This was a new hairdresser I tried today, but it has happened before with other stylists. Frustrating.

clementine Tue 09-Aug-22 17:33:08

* Salon not owns !*

Greenfinch Tue 09-Aug-22 17:36:15

Ha! Ha! Ha! Auntieflo I know exactly who and what you mean. I go to the same place and am waiting for the other one to return.

Mouseybrown60 Tue 09-Aug-22 17:36:20

Clementine, if you use head and shoulders shampoo and leave it on for 10 minutes you will find that your hair will lighten. Uses it for about 4 washes and you should see the difference.

Madgran77 Tue 09-Aug-22 17:53:41

I have curly hair! Nightmare! So many just don't get the idea of allowing for the curl when cutting to a length and then wonder why it comes out so much shorter!! Plus any sort of "Scissor razoring" causes "frizz"!!!

I found a hairdresser who gets it and been going there for years - it costs me a ruddy fortune though but I am very lucky and relieved to be able to afford that, otherwise I would be walking around either shorn or with a huge cotton wool ball on my head grin