Gransnet forums

AIBU

Why does my family have to overcomplicate things?

(28 Posts)
kircubbin2000 Sat 14-Jan-23 11:57:36

Daughter is paying a flying visit today before going out to dinner and a concert with friends. The original plan was that she would call here for a quick cup of tea and I will leave her to the train.
Now my ex has got involved and is going to take her out to lunch first and when son heard this he is going to join them. By the time they have done that it will be almost time for her train .
Why do they do this?

Yammy Mon 20-Feb-23 12:13:51

They all do it. One DD organised to come to us for Easter and asked if our other DD would be as well.
I asked the other and she said yes but they were planning to come this weekend which they have.
Last night she said they had been planning to ask us for Easter.
None of them seem to be able to get together and give everyone the same message and just take on board what is suggested to them.
DD and family have just disappeared up a fell? Not telling where and if I hadn't shouted supper after her,I wouldn't know when they were returning. Yet I do all the catering she just sits on her derriere.
I know exactly how you feel and I expect a lot of other grans do too. They do not plan and tell which we always thought was polite.
I do hope you get it all sorted out.flowers

LRavenscroft Mon 20-Feb-23 15:26:10

I must be the only mother on the planet who entertains her DD & SIL on Mother's Day. My DD just hates cooking and I love cooking so they come to me and SIL gets stuck in and says 'This is so yummy!'. Kids!