Gransnet forums

AIBU

It’s far too soon, isn’t it?

(62 Posts)
Nandalot Tue 11-Aug-26 18:39:21

I have been to two garden centres this week and both had displays of Christmas cards and calendars for 2027. In today’s one they had nearly finished assembling the animated Christmas village!

friendlygingercat Sun 16-Aug-26 11:16:03

Christmas - another occasion to try my hardest to avoid.

MissAdventure Sun 16-Aug-26 11:11:36

Oh there's nothing wrong about any of it, is there? It makes total semse to stash things away for Christmas.
I'm all for that.

JaneJudge Sun 16-Aug-26 11:01:13

Fartooold

I feel guilty now, DS with Down Syndrome loves Dr Who and I have bought him Dr Who duvet cover for (dare I say it) for Christmas, sorry! But in my defence he is difficult to buy for! Please don’t shoot me!

I think this is fine smile

Homesense started stocking Halloween stuff in July

MissAdventure Sun 16-Aug-26 10:59:44

There you go.
Four candles.

Nooo, I said fork handles grin

Jaxjacky Sun 16-Aug-26 10:58:12

It was the Blue Peter Advent crown, four candles (cue a skit), one lot every week before the day.

Bukkie Sun 16-Aug-26 09:54:34

I must admit it fills my heart with joy when I see Autumn and Christmas things in the shops and garden centres. I know the best season and 4 months of the year (September to December) are in sight and best of all the nights are drawing in.

Maggiemaybe Sun 16-Aug-26 09:47:46

We were at an outdoor concert last night and for the first time in ages I felt a bit chilly. I’d imagined enjoying the music with a lovely cold cocktail, but found myself thinking that a mulled wine would be nice…

MissAdventure Sun 16-Aug-26 09:34:41

P.S. They all give me terrible heartburn/indigestion, which I know full well (before I have them anyway)

MissAdventure Sun 16-Aug-26 09:32:02

I love mince pies, too, and eccles cakes.
I do find a cinnamon bun is an acceptable alternative, or bread pudding. (Preferably homemade, but not by me!)

Witzend Sun 16-Aug-26 09:17:17

Fallingstar

Oreo

Well, last year I went a bit crazy with buying mince pies from every store/shop possible, couldn’t get enough of them🤭
I mustn’t start that too early this time😲

If you crave that kind of thing try an Eccles cake until the mince pies are available - perhaps they already are 😬
I love an original Eccles cake, the kind where you get four with a rather dated style of plastic packaging.
Nice with a cuppa.

I never see Eccles cakes for sale! Probably just as well, I’d be making a 🐷 of myself…

Fallingstar Thu 13-Aug-26 22:38:05

Oreo

Well, last year I went a bit crazy with buying mince pies from every store/shop possible, couldn’t get enough of them🤭
I mustn’t start that too early this time😲

If you crave that kind of thing try an Eccles cake until the mince pies are available - perhaps they already are 😬
I love an original Eccles cake, the kind where you get four with a rather dated style of plastic packaging.
Nice with a cuppa.

Oreo Thu 13-Aug-26 10:55:01

Well, last year I went a bit crazy with buying mince pies from every store/shop possible, couldn’t get enough of them🤭
I mustn’t start that too early this time😲

Cossy Thu 13-Aug-26 10:30:59

Nooooooo! Far too early!

But I say this every year!

Witzend Thu 13-Aug-26 10:30:05

Shabti100

I volunteer for fundraising at local RNLI their Christmas cards have been available since June!! Basically holidaymakers pop into the shop specifically for them, diaries and calendars

Yes, I went in largely looking for 🎄cards, but I need up buying 2 packs of fudge, too…

Mollygo Thu 13-Aug-26 10:25:15

hereshoping

I was thinking yesterday, I could fancy a hot cross bun.

Asda and Sainsbury’s have had them all year.

hereshoping Thu 13-Aug-26 09:59:15

I was thinking yesterday, I could fancy a hot cross bun.

Shel1951 Thu 13-Aug-26 08:29:01

Got me thinking about it now

Shel1951 Thu 13-Aug-26 08:28:25

Fartooold,,good for you,you may not have found it later in the year, nothing wrong in stocking up the presents now,excellent idea

Juliepat Thu 13-Aug-26 08:05:03

I thought it was bad enough that M&S was full of Autumn clothes yesterday, when I was looking for shorts and a swimming costume.

Thisismyname1953 Wed 12-Aug-26 20:24:52

I’ve just been to Costco and it’s the same there . They have cards, paper and ribbon by the truckful be they also have lots of Halloween stuff .
I’ll go again in a week or two to stock up I think .

Shabti100 Wed 12-Aug-26 18:46:29

I volunteer for fundraising at local RNLI their Christmas cards have been available since June!! Basically holidaymakers pop into the shop specifically for them, diaries and calendars

Babamaman Wed 12-Aug-26 16:43:44

Don’t send cards anymore, don’t receive them either! Tesco has stocked the chocolate tubs that used to be lovely and big in souvenir tins but are so small these days, not worth their£5.25

WithNobsOnIt Wed 12-Aug-26 15:49:41

Justa reminder Ladies. There are only 135 shopping days left until Christmas.

On you marks.
Get ready.
Get set.
Go!
🎄🧑‍🎄🏃
😻

Jojo1950 Wed 12-Aug-26 15:43:03

Dear Lord!

Chocolatelovinggran Wed 12-Aug-26 15:41:13

Is it too early to put the sprouts on?