Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Leonardo Da Vinci- National Gallery

(36 Posts)
gracesmum Mon 31-Oct-11 10:38:54

It is supposed to be a brilliant exhibition, but why was the Beeb trailing the prog about an artist called "Da Vinci" - he is, was and always will be "Leonardo". ( Same objection to the title of that silly book by Dan Brown)
PedantsRus x

dorsetpennt Mon 31-Oct-11 10:24:38

Nigella oh susieb I'd love to chuck a bowl of her food all over her - she just smirks in a self-satisfied way that I can't bear to watch her. Oh I sound really nasty don't I?

dorsetpennt Mon 31-Oct-11 10:23:08

That is the trouble with having that type pf presenter. Too much emphasis on her, her makeup and clothes - whereas Roy Strong wouldn't care a less, the emphasis would be on the product not the presenter. I'm not a particular fan of Sir Roy I'm just using him as an example

susiecb Mon 31-Oct-11 10:23:05

I think the exhibition is on until February I am too sluggish to look it up this morning!! FB is just a bit overpowering - why do we have to see her walking about so much - yes we can see she is thin and tall - so what! I think the BBC give people like her a big contract and then have to get as much work out of them as possible. Quite like antiques roadshow but she does a lot of Nigella type flirting to the camera.

jinglej Mon 31-Oct-11 10:08:35

I enjoyed the programme. Had mixed feelings about Fiona Bruce. She can obviously converse in foreign languages very well which must have been helpful. But do they have to focus on her quite so much!

She is too "little miss perfect"!

absentgrana Mon 31-Oct-11 10:05:17

Of course it will dorsetpennt. Note to self: This is the twenty-first century.

dorsetpennt Mon 31-Oct-11 09:54:57

It'll be on line

absentgrana Mon 31-Oct-11 09:53:35

No I didn't see the programme. Fiona Bruce gets on my nerves but then so many other prating presenters do as well. However, I love the works of Leonardo Da Vinci and hope to get to the National Gallery. I'm not sure how long the exhibition is planned to last. Can you enlighten me please susciecb?

dorsetpennt Mon 31-Oct-11 09:53:13

Fiona Bruce also did a programme about Palaces, but as you say susieb it's galling to see her mincing about. I'd much rather have an expert present the show not a news reader. It's typical of BBC1 which has dumbed itself down in the past few years - in the past someone like Roy Strong would have been the presenter. She is likeable but she is a newsreader - keep BBC 4 please...

Mishap Mon 31-Oct-11 09:44:47

Oh....I rather like Fiona Bruce!

susiecb Mon 31-Oct-11 09:35:54

Did anyone see the programme last night - absoluteley riveting (except of course for Fiona Bruce mincing about as if she were the star of the show.)I would love to see this showing - be a nice one for Gransnetters to meet up at???smile