Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Where to buy beads?

(21 Posts)
Jelly22 Tue 22-Jul-14 03:52:00

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Jelly22 Tue 22-Jul-14 03:47:49

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

RandomGranny Tue 01-Jul-14 22:12:33

try Debbie, she is local and very friendly - she also has lots of classes:

www.deborahbeads.co.uk

Anne58 Thu 12-Jun-14 07:55:09

Not very good at this, are you? At least try giving yourself a name that doesn't suggest that a confused budgie had been let loose on a keyboard that had been sprinkled with millet.

wfdhvjd Thu 12-Jun-14 02:35:54

Anne58 Wed 09-Apr-14 08:19:17

Popped up here, was on knitting recently!

ioyugjc Wed 09-Apr-14 04:03:39

Mumcooper59 Sun 16-Feb-14 09:15:21

My favourites are oaktreecrafts crafts who do kits and beads also spell bound beads . There are lots of free patterns if you google also Pinterest. Welcome to the addictive hobby of beading! I don't know where you live but there are often local bead groups where you can meet and swap ideas etc. and where I live there is a bead shop called the bead base who do classes , beads etc.

Aka Tue 11-Feb-14 23:23:45

Just reminded me that a bead shop is rumoured to be opening locally. Must check it out, fancy making some beaded fly curtains for summer.

MamaCaz Tue 11-Feb-14 16:46:07

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I'll try to be sensible by getting the book out of the library first and seeing what I actually need before making any impulse buys. Having just looked at some of those sites, I think it would be very easy to get carried away as they sell such lovely things!

nairn Mon 10-Feb-14 21:22:22

I found this site while hunting for something completely different the other evening - and then ordered some beads and forgot what I was searching for in the first place!!!!
http://www.beadsdirect.co.uk

Humbertbear Sun 09-Feb-14 07:27:46

Hobbycraft sell beads in store and online.

margaretm74 Sat 08-Feb-14 17:37:31

www.taylormadebeads.co.uk

Not sure if this is what you're looking for?

Tegan Sat 08-Feb-14 16:42:50

Just checked out the Brighton Bead Shop Dollie; what a blast from the past it is. You can forget your diamonds and emeralds..beads are beautiful. Mind you, when I was at school we used to collect and swap glass 'precious' stones and I can still remember the ones in my collection [I'd give anything to have them now].

MamaCaz Sat 08-Feb-14 15:48:06

Thanks very much. I'll see what I can find on Ebay. I have to be honest - I've never bought anything from Ebay before blush so it hadn't really occurred to me.

D0LLIE Sat 08-Feb-14 15:07:17

Its still there Tegan and you can order by post...

rockgran Sat 08-Feb-14 14:50:31

I do a lot of beading and buy most of my beads and findings on line at ebay. You can find most things there and they are the lowest price and stuff usually arrives within a couple of days. I always exclude "overseas" and try to buy from UK otherwise you can be in for a long wait sometimes.

Tegan Sat 08-Feb-14 14:48:33

I used to get stuff from the Brighton Bead Shop but that was a long time ago.

sherish Sat 08-Feb-14 14:41:18

I had a go at beading last year and I got lots of beads at good prices from eBay. I also got the small pliers etc that go with the hobby.

Dragonfly1 Sat 08-Feb-14 14:26:58

Have a look at www.Beadtime.co.uk

MamaCaz Sat 08-Feb-14 14:02:39

Hi. I have never had a go at beading, but just before Christmas I saw a book in the library that had some lovely beaded Christmas tree decorations in it. I really fancy having a go at making some - if I start soon, I've no excuse for not having any made by next Christmas! grin

Can any of you recommend a good, cheap, online retailer where I could get the essentials without spending a fortune?