Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Gloves!

(10 Posts)
marshmarigold132 Sat 06-Dec-14 08:46:14

Thanks for links to flip flop top mittens. I can easily download the pattern.

tanith Fri 05-Dec-14 12:27:19

www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mitts-flip-flop-flip-top-mittens

Here's a free pattern on Ravelry I found I think you can just download it but you might need to join... its free anyway..

sherish Fri 05-Dec-14 12:18:33

Flip top gloves are very popular now I would think with young people who use smartphones and tablets. They only need to flip the top down to get their fingers on the go without having to remove (and probably drop) a normal fingered glove.

marshmarigold132 Fri 05-Dec-14 11:56:55

Sorry didn't respond to any answers about gloves before now. Not been on site lately.
Grannyknot, your pattern for 'flip top mitts' sounds good. I would love to have the pattern if it is at all possible.

marshmarigold 132

batsey Tue 04-Nov-14 17:36:38

Is it feasible to have the flip top mitts pattern on the site somewhere as a download - Id love to see it too

Grannyknot Mon 03-Nov-14 07:55:39

Marigold, I've got a fabulous, vintage pattern for "flip top mitts". They were a big hit with all the young women in my family when I knitted them as Christmas gifts a few years,ago, and I love my own pair. I can send you the pattern if you like, will scan it.

rosequartz Sun 02-Nov-14 16:22:34

I have knitted gloves for the DC years ago and have a very old Patons pattern (hats, gloves and scarves) but I wouldn't attempt them without a pattern.

rubysong Sun 02-Nov-14 14:03:42

Fingerless gloves are particularly useful when on the computer in a not very warm house. (A bit Steptoe but no-one sees me!)

tanith Sun 02-Nov-14 13:45:54

Gloves are a bit complicated to knit there are some excellent tutorials on utube but have you thought about making fingerless gloves they are much easier?
Sorry I'm not much help.

marshmarigold132 Sun 02-Nov-14 12:02:00

Does anyone know of a simple way to knit gloves?