Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Tiny Clanger is finished.

(14 Posts)
loopylou Sun 27-Sep-15 20:54:43

I have yet to garner sufficient enthusiasm to start one. I have all the 'ingredients ' but not the oomph.

Nanabelle Sun 27-Sep-15 20:42:09

Thanks all - certainly was a labour of love. (still haven't sewn up the second one!)
Katek - I am lucky enough to have a beach hut here and it is a great place for knitting and watching the world (and boats) go by!

Indinana Wed 09-Sep-15 11:36:31

Yes, I second that ^^. You both have very lucky grandchildren smile

Gracesgran Wed 09-Sep-15 11:25:20

Nanabelle and Katek I love both Clangers. Beautiful work and I have no doubt hours of love.

Katek Wed 09-Sep-15 10:45:31

Nanabelle-your Clanger looks lovely! I also love the view behind her! Tiny is very fiddly which has put me off a little from doing another one. I can only find a pattern for Tiny and Small so as he's only a teeny bit bigger it's going to be just as awkward (Jackyb-the pattern is downloadable from BBC website). Def interface the feet as they stand up better and I think crochet for some of small pieces works better. I did my ear edging in crochet but like your idea of crocheting the hair in situ. Will try that if I make Small. ( I also have x stitch birth sampler for littlest dgs to finish and he's now 7 months! ) 2 year old dgs was delighted with Tiny and held her up to TV to show her the programme!

Nanabelle Tue 08-Sep-15 23:30:08

I crocheted (sp?) the hair on directly and also around the ears, and made a crochet strip for the bow - seemed easier than the knitted tube-y thing my pattern gave. She is lovely to hold - quite a bunchy handful!

Nanabelle Tue 08-Sep-15 23:26:55

oh Katek how funny - I have almost finished one too. I just have to sew on the felt outfit and do the feet. Did you find the interfacing made the feet stronger? As I have two granddaughters, I have just knitted the body for the second one but how I agree that all the sewing up was SO fiddley! And knitting those fingers!!!
The Clangers is one of the few programmes I watch with my gd.

Indinana Tue 08-Sep-15 12:45:07

grin Luckygirl

Luckygirl Tue 08-Sep-15 11:55:53

It's brilliant - I love it!

I crocheted a complete nativity group, with animals, for my DGS and they all loved it. He used to take me through the figures and he would say: "That's a king, that's a king and that's Dave!" He thought one of the king's was his uncle!

JackyB Tue 08-Sep-15 11:52:44

Did you have a pattern or did you work it out for yourself?

Katek Tue 08-Sep-15 11:15:43

Think it is a 'she' as there's a hair bow! Don't know if I'll make anymore although I am a little tempted. At least I'd be better prepared for making up this time. Ears needed lined and edged, feet needed interfaced and knitting 4 fingers/6 strands of hair and a tiny bow was certainly fiddly!

Indinana Tue 08-Sep-15 11:06:56

Shouldn't he be a 'she', all dressed in pink? (You can probably tell I don't know anything about clangers grin).

Looks great! But I can see by looking at it that the sewing and making up would be very fiddly, so don't think I'll be doing one any time soon!

Granne72 Tue 08-Sep-15 11:03:28

lovely 'Clanker' are you knitting others ?

Katek Tue 08-Sep-15 10:44:20

What a fiddly job he turned out to be! Only took couple of hours to knit but nearly a full day to make up. Dgs is delighted with his 'Clanker' so that makes it all worthwhile.