Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Cardigan or jacket knitting pattern

(6 Posts)
Luckylegs9 Mon 30-May-16 08:45:13

I gave all my patterns and needles away when I developed arthritis in my thumb. But miss it too much I want to start again, but knit for just the odd half hour instead of the marathons I used to have. I cannot find the patterns anymore though, you have to buy a huge book to get to just one pattern.

Alea Mon 30-May-16 08:48:29

Have you looked online? I found the pattern for DGS's pram blanket on, I think www.Loveknitting.com. Downloading was free too!

Not advertising!!

M0nica Mon 30-May-16 08:57:40

Try ebay. They always have a wide range of individual knitting patterns for sale.

My local knitting shop sells individual patterns and I have bought them on occasion.

Cressida Mon 30-May-16 10:15:42

Have a look on www.ravelry.com There are lots of free patterns as well as ones you have to buy.

Jayh Mon 30-May-16 13:48:02

Have you tried knitting back and forward using a circular needle instead of straight pins? It is much kinder on shoulders and perhaps thumbs too. It got me knitting again when I had a painful shoulder.

MargaretX Mon 30-May-16 17:14:01

YEs go onto DROPS.com. There are thousands of patterns and you can spend hours just looking.
I find fine wool and fine needles less strenuous for the fingers and thumb joint.