Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

What are you making?

(210 Posts)
craftergran Sun 30-Dec-18 18:06:11

What are you making in the New Year? I'm going to have a stab at making crocheted socks. Wondering what other crafty grans are planning to make this coming new year.

Grannyknot Thu 27-Jun-19 14:12:57

This is how far I've got with my mitred square Memory Blanket. I'm literally using up my stash, so the colours are a bit random. When I have finished it, I'll crochet around the edge with a picot stitch. Highly addictive!

BBbevan Mon 17-Jun-19 11:18:02

Since we are trying to go green in the bathroom. Bamboo toothbrushes, bar soap, and bar shampoo, I am knitting cotton flannels. Every little helps

ginny Mon 17-Jun-19 10:29:02

Enjoying seeing all the lovely projects. Some very talented ladies here.
This is my finished Granny Square blanket.

Namsnanny Fri 17-May-19 18:12:40

Knitting glove puppets, finishing off a Christmas (don't mention it yet!!) childrens jumper, and making a hat to match a baby jumper for my niece!
Yes I'm a messy crafter, surrounded by half finished projects.
They will get done though, just have to spend more time on the garden this time of year!! smile

Oldandverygrey Fri 17-May-19 18:06:47

Mini - they look very smart, crochet is a skill which I've never managed to acquire!

Thorntrees Fri 17-May-19 18:03:43

Just finished 3 knitted blankets and 9 baby hats for the Linus project and handed them over. Ordered some more wool as hardly any left. While I wait for it to come will get on with a tray cloth I am embroidering. Started it some time ago but it’s difficult to see in artificial light, the longer evenings mean I can get on with it again. Love the painting why,why,why, you are very talented, I really wish I could draw and paint.

MiniMoon Wed 15-May-19 22:46:54

Crochet phone cases. Been teaching myself how to do Tunisian crochet in the round. The bottom one is also Tunisian crochet.

Bathsheba Wed 15-May-19 22:21:44

I typed GGC- flippin’ autocorrect!

Bathsheba Wed 15-May-19 22:21:03

Oh those drawers are so pretty ayse - well done!

A GC, how lovely Katek!

Katek Tue 14-May-19 20:56:12

I’m crocheting a baby blanket for imminent arrival of dggc! Better get my skates on-due date is 31st and I’m only halfway through.

grannysyb Tue 14-May-19 20:29:29

Just finished a jacket, can't post a picture as I took it into Soho this morning to have the buttonholes done. Never do them myself as machine will do a perfect practice one and then, when I try to do a real one it will chew the fabric! Will post a picture next week after I collect it.

chelseababy Tue 14-May-19 18:40:19

I've just made this pinny from fat quarters.

ayse Sat 04-May-19 18:26:33

It’s a long process!

ayse Sat 04-May-19 18:25:19

I was given a bright red chest of mini drawers and thought I’d refurbish to use as storage for lots of sewing stuff and associated. I’ve been looking for mini drawers for ages, so the fates were smiling on me.

SilverDarlings12 Sat 04-May-19 18:05:11

Im interested in bobbin lace--does anyone do it?
Thank you.

Maggiemaybe Sat 04-May-19 17:12:35

Such beautiful projects, and such as talented crafters! I’m just knitting matinee jackets now for our local premature baby units. It’s a very basic all-in-one pattern which suits me just fine!

whywhywhy Sat 04-May-19 16:42:30

Thank you so much. I find it so relaxing. x

Greenfinch Sat 04-May-19 16:36:42

It's beautiful whywhywhy What a talent you have !

whywhywhy Sat 04-May-19 16:26:41

I've just done a painting for my friends birthday, hope she likes it, then casting on another dog blanket for Battersea dogs/cats home.

ginny Tue 30-Apr-19 17:39:28

I am crocheting a Granny Squre blanket , trying to use up some of my stock of wool and to use in the caravan.
My next project will be a ‘ Dune‘ blanket from Attic 24.
Also in the middle of a garden themed quilt.

Oldandverygrey Tue 30-Apr-19 15:48:27

Maybelle - your cushion looks very smart, I am knitting beanie hats for Orphanage in Nepal.

Harris27 Tue 30-Apr-19 15:21:35

Just to say lindiloo your local care home would snap your throws up for their home. I recently lost my dear mam and gave hem blankets I'd knit for her and they were extremely grateful. Just a thought.

BBbevan Tue 30-Apr-19 15:09:43

Just finished a large Aran blanket ( yesterday ) for DH for the winter. Bit at a loss today s to what to do next.

Maybelle Mon 29-Apr-19 17:36:40

Just completed a cushion cover, used three panels of Geisha that were upcycled from a bag I had.

LadyGracie Sun 28-Apr-19 16:59:37

I’m knitting a cardigan that’s just stocking stitch so I can read or watch tv and quite a complicated Aran when it’s quiet and I can concentrate