Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Next to Me Crib blanket

(6 Posts)
NanaAlix64 Fri 27-Sep-19 13:40:38

I'm going to get a Chicco Next To Me crib for my daughter/grandson and want to knit a blanket for it, but I've not been able to find anything to tell me what size to knit (actual dimensions as I'll do my own pattern).

Does anyone know?

silverlining48 Fri 27-Sep-19 14:04:06

As far as I recall it’s semi circle shape. Why not just a normal square or oblong one which can be folded to fit because these sort of beds are not used fir long. Then the blanket can fit pushchair etc too. Congratulations.

Ilovecheese Fri 27-Sep-19 14:27:58

Our latest new grandchildren didn't have blankets covering them in their cribs, they were either swaddled up or slept in those sleeveless sleeping bag garments. I agree with silverlinings48, just knit a normal sized blanket for in the pushchair or on the sofa a bit later on.

Farmor15 Fri 27-Sep-19 14:35:17

Yes, latest recommendation for safe sleeping seem to be the sleeveless sleeping bags. But knitted blankets are handy for pram etc. so knit a normal square or rectangular one.

ElaineI Fri 27-Sep-19 22:14:49

It is between size of a crib and a cot and is usually oblong - the side next to the bed folds down. The baby shops sell next to me cot sheets so that might help. On the Chicco site can you not scroll down and get size details?
On chicco.co.uk they give dimensions under technical information if that helps.

mcem Fri 27-Sep-19 22:17:34

Yes rectangular!
I' ll ask DS for dimensions but as Elaine suggested you're certain to find the info on the website.