Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Next to Me Crib blanket

(16 Posts)
GrannyLaine Fri 15-Jul-22 12:52:07

Dammit, didn't see date of thread. Sorry everyone

GrannyLaine Fri 15-Jul-22 12:51:10

www.amazon.co.uk/chicco-Next2Me-Bedside-Baby-Crib/dp/B08WQ3T8NV/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?psc=1&crid=3PELBODX68M8X&keywords=chicco+next+to+me+crib&sprefix=chicc0+next+to+me+crib%2Caps%2C95&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVTg4VTZVUlJBT09EJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDg1NzI2M0lZODdWTkdUNzJWTyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjcyNDQ5MUM5UTZHNTY4REVOSSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=&tag=gransnetforum-21&qid=1657885693&sr=8-1-spons
Dimensions are here NanaAlix64

MiniMoon Fri 15-Jul-22 12:47:13

Scammer!

MiniMoon Fri 15-Jul-22 12:46:27

I think this baby will be three years old by now since the OP was in 2019.
Looks like a scanner or troll resurrected the original thread.

visiotrap Fri 15-Jul-22 12:41:27

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Grannynannywanny Sun 10-Jul-22 08:28:34

Allsorts I’ve attached a photo of the baby sleeping bags. As Mattsmum2 has said, they are not restrictive in any way and the arms aren’t in them. They come in different tog ratings for winter and summer.

I was sceptical when my first grandchild was born 15 years ago and my daughter started using them. Like most of us I was used to swaddling small babies but all 4 of my grandchildren have slept very well in them over the years. When the baby becomes active and starts to wriggle and move position they are thought to be safer than blankets as there’s no risk of the blanket ending up over the baby’s head.

Mattsmum2 Sun 10-Jul-22 08:05:18

Allsorts

I would hate to think of my baby asleep in a bag, not able to move arms or legs etc. After bringing up two children, and four gc for sleepovers almost every week, little blankets and a baby grow were sufficient. Do I would skyways opt for a square or oblong

I woukd knit a square or oblong, the thought of a baby encased in a bag, not able to move freely doesn't feel right like sleeping them on their fronts as was once recommended.

My 6 month old GD has slept in a bag since birth, they’re not as restricted as you mention, arms are free and legs can move around. It’s a great way to be safe and not have to use blankets.

Allsorts Sun 10-Jul-22 07:59:16

I would hate to think of my baby asleep in a bag, not able to move arms or legs etc. After bringing up two children, and four gc for sleepovers almost every week, little blankets and a baby grow were sufficient. Do I would skyways opt for a square or oblong

I woukd knit a square or oblong, the thought of a baby encased in a bag, not able to move freely doesn't feel right like sleeping them on their fronts as was once recommended.

Witzend Sat 09-Jul-22 21:29:13

Farmor15

Yes, latest recommendation for safe sleeping seem to be the sleeveless sleeping bags. But knitted blankets are handy for pram etc. so knit a normal square or rectangular one.

Ditto. The blanket I knitted for the first Gdc was IIRC only ever used in the Moses basket - after the very tiny stage it was sleeping bags, but it was used in the pushchair, and later still in the doll’s pram. Which was memorably used by elder Gdd to push her very new baby sister very carefully around the kitchen!

crhistiantunnel Fri 08-Jul-22 15:26:48

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

mcem Fri 27-Sep-19 22:17:34

Yes rectangular!
I' ll ask DS for dimensions but as Elaine suggested you're certain to find the info on the website.

ElaineI Fri 27-Sep-19 22:14:49

It is between size of a crib and a cot and is usually oblong - the side next to the bed folds down. The baby shops sell next to me cot sheets so that might help. On the Chicco site can you not scroll down and get size details?
On chicco.co.uk they give dimensions under technical information if that helps.

Farmor15 Fri 27-Sep-19 14:35:17

Yes, latest recommendation for safe sleeping seem to be the sleeveless sleeping bags. But knitted blankets are handy for pram etc. so knit a normal square or rectangular one.

Ilovecheese Fri 27-Sep-19 14:27:58

Our latest new grandchildren didn't have blankets covering them in their cribs, they were either swaddled up or slept in those sleeveless sleeping bag garments. I agree with silverlinings48, just knit a normal sized blanket for in the pushchair or on the sofa a bit later on.

silverlining48 Fri 27-Sep-19 14:04:06

As far as I recall it’s semi circle shape. Why not just a normal square or oblong one which can be folded to fit because these sort of beds are not used fir long. Then the blanket can fit pushchair etc too. Congratulations.

NanaAlix64 Fri 27-Sep-19 13:40:38

I'm going to get a Chicco Next To Me crib for my daughter/grandson and want to knit a blanket for it, but I've not been able to find anything to tell me what size to knit (actual dimensions as I'll do my own pattern).

Does anyone know?