Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Snotties

(33 Posts)
middleagespread Tue 26-Nov-19 14:38:48

It is one of my grandchildren’s birthday- she’s going to be two. Now her Mum says she doesn’t need anything, she just loves unwrapping anything! But then she added, but if you have time to make some Snotties that would be great, she’s got a cold again. Sewing machine out then. For little sore noses you just need soft towelling and a soft fabric to suit. Cut to size, I find table mat size good. Sew two pieces of fabric together right sides together leaving small opening to turn inside out.Sew up small corner left. Invaluable, wash well, saves endless tissues too.All my GC have now and some are
on year three. Now as the machine is out it’s onto making wheat bags. Liverpool City FC and batman requests.love home made gifts and Poppy aged 3 declared her birthday snotties were her best present.smile

middleagespread Tue 26-Nov-19 17:39:39

trisher, how exhausting that sounds. But each to their own, [smile[]

middleagespread Tue 26-Nov-19 17:42:27

so true Gonegirl

middleagespread Tue 26-Nov-19 17:44:56

BBbevan me too and my daughters introduced me to that term. I remember using sleeves of my hand knitted cardigan. What a bad child I was. smile

Gonegirl Tue 26-Nov-19 17:53:44

My mummy always gave me a clean hankie every day and she made me a cotton hankie bag to wear across my chest to keep my hankie in. smile

I refused to wear it. And just carried on losing the hankies.

Gonegirl Tue 26-Nov-19 17:55:06

Sorry Mum! Really sorry! blush

MissAdventure Tue 26-Nov-19 18:03:05

They'd be nice to put some olbas oil or Vicks on. smile

Maggiemaybe Tue 26-Nov-19 18:38:10

I once went shopping and left DH to peg the clean nappies out. He pegged out the dirty ones I’d wrung out ready to go on the hot wash. Eejit. I could see them all flapping in the breeze when I got to the end of the street. A Persil advert it was not. grin