Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Banksy latest mural created in lockdown.

(46 Posts)
Nandalot Thu 16-Apr-20 11:16:59

www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/apr/16/banksy-reveals-pest-problem-in-new-lockdown-artwork#img-2
Oh rats.
Apparently his wife is not too pleased.

Aepgirl Fri 17-Apr-20 11:04:48

I have such a phobia of rats that I couldn’t even look at this.

Tillybelle Fri 17-Apr-20 11:08:00

It's gorgeous!

Reminds me of the time my youngest had two pet rats. I was walking up the road where I could see clearly into her bedroom window for some time as I walked along. For the whole time I could see her rats running up the side of her bunk-beds and along the rail. I wondered what other people thought who saw it.

Tillybelle Fri 17-Apr-20 11:10:01

Aepgirl Sorry to hear this. I worked with someone with a mouse phobia. It is dreadful. Poor you.

Callistemon Fri 17-Apr-20 11:37:50

I disliked it too.
I don't have a phobia but I do dislike them and couldn't have let my DC have them as pets, although we did look after them for friends who were on holiday a few times.

Callistemon Fri 17-Apr-20 11:38:33

We did have hamsters (no tails!).
Sweet little things.

50socks Fri 17-Apr-20 11:51:32

love it

Nvella Fri 17-Apr-20 12:00:58

Love Banksy- hate rodents!

Annaram1 Fri 17-Apr-20 12:15:35

I live in a very old manor house divided into flats. I've been here 16 years. I have had 2 infestations of mice, and am currently trying to catch just one... which is eluding my 3 live catch mouse traps. Sometimes it manages to get into the traps and take the bit of bread I have put there and then pootles off without setting off the hairspring trap. I have had a rat problem and a friend put down some poison and got rid of them. I actually hate killing anything but the rats just would not go into my rat trap. In any case it is illegal to set them free anywhere. My neighbour also had these pests at the same time as the foundations are all joined up.
I have also had horrendous spiders and I am much more afraid of these than rodents.

mumagain Fri 17-Apr-20 12:23:47

I have it as my background for zoom meetings ?

4allweknow Fri 17-Apr-20 12:36:59

Think he is relaying the virus to being like a plague of rats. At least that is what I get from it.

Carolpaint Fri 17-Apr-20 13:21:06

Fantastic, it is fun! Covid just like the stealthiness of the rats has stolen or damaged everything, polluting, urinating, etc.

GagaJo Fri 17-Apr-20 14:14:05

I own and let a flat in a poorer part of the city I live in. I'm very lucky that my flat is rented to an accounts assistant and a newly qualified pharmacist. The downstairs flat is let to a less-salubrious tenant.

My poor (OCD) accounts assistant was REALLY and understandably distressed when the sh**y scruffy downstairs tenants allowed rubbish to pile up in their yard, resulting in a rat infestation. He videoed them and sent me the video.

Fortunately, said tenant is a very sharp young man and tracked down the owner of the downstairs flat online and sent me his email address. I then forwarded the ratty video.

As my tenant said, the video was like something out of National Geographic.

123kitty Fri 17-Apr-20 14:41:38

So much better that Banksy used his own home rather than external walls of houses. Saying that, I love the mouse on the toothpaste.

3nanny6 Fri 17-Apr-20 14:44:51

Love Banksy and his outside work. Really detest the bathroom
with the disgusting rats, a quick look at it and cold shivers came over me. I do not like rodents they scare me.

GagaJo Fri 17-Apr-20 17:01:19

Any of you actually visit Dismal Land?

Kim19 Fri 17-Apr-20 18:35:13

Interesting..... I heard only this morning that someone well known actually thought B might be a woman. Any thoughts?

Callistemon Fri 17-Apr-20 19:00:53

No, we didn't but I have a young relative who went to see it with friends, GagoJo.

GagaJo Fri 17-Apr-20 19:26:02

What was their opinion, Callistemon? Interesting concept.

Callistemon Fri 17-Apr-20 21:07:10

I'm not sure.
I just remember her mum saying that she had been to see it, thought provoking and fun too.

Unfortunately I won't be seeing her for a while to ask any more.

Shizam Fri 17-Apr-20 23:36:35

I love Banksy. But seriously hate this. Rodent phobic! Especially thought of them in house. Just gross.