Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Yesterday I made...Flower Fairy Cards

(20 Posts)
Carillion01 Sun 19-Apr-20 09:56:59

Hello Redhead56,
I'll send you a pm with details...(because I'm not sure if it's allowed to mention other websites). They are lovely quality.

Chewy, you describe what my crafting life resembles...in crates until now! Since moving a few years ago I still have boxes of crafting 'stuff' still unpacked but this lockdown has let me get my act together and indulge. Finding and opening a crate is like Christmas Day.

crazyH Sun 19-Apr-20 09:42:13

Beautiful way to spend your time - ?

Redhead56 Sun 19-Apr-20 09:38:00

They are beautiful what a good idea can I ask you where the fairy card are from?

Chewbacca Sun 19-Apr-20 09:37:32

Those are really lovely Carilion! And you've reminded me that somewhere in a packing crate, I have some Flower Fairy rubber stamps that I haven't used for years. Seems a shame not to be using them, especially now..... hmm

Witzend Sun 19-Apr-20 09:33:18

Thank you, Carillion!

SirChenjin Fri 17-Apr-20 13:37:19

These are gorgeous! You’re very talented smile

Whitewavemark2 Fri 17-Apr-20 13:27:45

Anyone remember Jennifer and the Flower Fairies?

Ilovecheese Fri 17-Apr-20 12:51:29

They are lovely

Carillion01 Fri 17-Apr-20 12:31:53

Auntiflo, I love all things Flower Fairies. I've made cards for a while but never managed to do a cross stitch of a flower fairy but I did, about ten years ago, find some lovely flower fairy fabric which I cut up into fabric 'tiles' and made a cot quilt for our then newly born GD. It was mostly pink and she still loves it, I'm pleased to say!

Auntieflo Fri 17-Apr-20 12:06:24

Oh they are beautiful Carillion1.
I am another who used to love the Flower Fairy books.
I wonder where they went?

Carillion01 Fri 17-Apr-20 12:02:34

Hello Purplepixie I have pm'd you only because I'm not sure if I can mention a particular website on a thread. There are some beautiful postcards which would relate to your lovely PurplePixie username!!

Also, thank you everyone for your kind comments. I'm so glad you like the cards.

Nannylovesshopping... You can do this!!xxx

Witzend, sending a photo of your favourite postcard, just for you.

Purplepixie Fri 17-Apr-20 11:36:36

Oh wow! They are fabulous and well done to you. These will certainly cheer people up. Can I ask where you got the flower fairy cards at? I love them. X

Witzend Fri 17-Apr-20 11:34:02

Those are beautiful! - I love the Flower Fairies. Still have some of the originals and bought a set of the books for Gdd.

My favourite was the Fuchsia Fairy, but never having heard fuchsia uttered when 7 or 8, I thought it was pronounced fuckseeya ? and was very hastily corrected when I said it!
It was some years before I realised what I’d said. Oh, the age of innocence....

Bathsheba Fri 17-Apr-20 11:05:53

They're beautiful! I love flower fairies <3 (I wish we had a heart emoticon!)

Annapops Fri 17-Apr-20 11:02:42

Well done. They are beautiful. X

Nannylovesshopping Fri 17-Apr-20 10:49:29

Oh they are lovely, I haven’t got a creative bone in my body, well other than in my garden, you are clever, and very kind to give them to your friend?

Canalboatgranma Fri 17-Apr-20 10:44:20

They are lovely, your friend will love them.

Carillion01 Fri 17-Apr-20 10:38:16

Some of the cards

Carillion01 Fri 17-Apr-20 10:37:26

The box of 100 postcards and patterned card blanks

Carillion01 Fri 17-Apr-20 10:36:06

Last year I bought 100 Flower Fairy Postcards and yesterday I used some of them with some leftover, patterned card blanks to make some cards that I'll give to a dear friend who is not coping well with lockdown.
I used my small paper cutter to cut the postcards down (slightly), a glue stick and some small sticky squares.
Previously I'd given the postcards inside books as bookmarks...but that meant the lovely Flower Fairy postcards were hidden! Hope you like them. X