Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Stash. Own up if you have any stash of any sort

(112 Posts)
craftyone Sat 06-Jun-20 11:57:08

I have stash and it is one of my life pleasures to add to my stash.

Callistemon Wed 17-Jun-20 10:18:50

NanaandGrampy the problem with needing just one more ball of yarn during lockdown is that you can't just pop to the shops, you have to order online.
To save postage you have to order a minimum amount and then there are special offers...
And so the stash grows

Callistemon Wed 17-Jun-20 10:21:34

Some younger people are collecting vintage china, Revolucion.
Weddings are off at the moment but I now of at least two brides last year who were collecting it to use at the reception.
Tea shops?

Witzend Wed 17-Jun-20 14:13:11

Re collecting china, a wedding we attended last summer served afternoon tea after the ceremony - all in pretty, mismatched china from charity shops - the simple garden flowers were in teapots on the tables.
It was beautifully done, the tables looked lovely.
(There were bottles of wine on the tables too!)

Callistemon Wed 17-Jun-20 14:55:06

Yes, mismatched is the fashion.
An eclectic collection is the posh term, I think!

Ashtree30 Wed 17-Jun-20 15:12:47

Anything creative is very interesting and wonderful to look back at as the years go bye

Lexisgranny Wed 17-Jun-20 15:15:02

I have pretty notebooks and decorative boxes made of all sorts of material - I love a box!

TrendyNannie6 Wed 17-Jun-20 15:15:25

Oh yes I’ve lots of stash’s mainly books, which I read and re read, although I have then neatly away in bookcases can’t bear to part with them

Lexisgranny Wed 17-Jun-20 15:16:43

I have piles of interesting notebooks and plenty of decorative boxes - I do love a nice box

Lexisgranny Wed 17-Jun-20 15:17:20

Sorry thought first post hadn’t gone through

Revolucion Wed 17-Jun-20 15:44:01

I’ve arranged for the trendy royal Albert tea sets of China to go to an animal rescue charity!
Destash points to me! I’m thrilled because they are going to come and collect it tomorrow which is so convenient.

Callistemon Wed 17-Jun-20 16:05:24

Well done!

Evoha16 Wed 17-Jun-20 16:34:05

Hearing aid batteries - box of - lovely audiologist let me have them ‘just in case’ - how prescient ?

BBJS Wed 17-Jun-20 17:54:31

French Silk Dyes and a dozen large bottles of acrylic paint.
loads of books including "In search of lost time" by Proust ( in
English). Many CDs mostly Jazz some classical.

twinnytwin Thu 18-Jun-20 10:11:55

Sewing room full of huge fabric stash, machines, haberdashery etc, huge crate of knitting wool, box of embroidery stuff, cases of watercolour paints and brushes and boxes of acrylic and oil paints in garage. I'm never bored.

Witzend Thu 18-Jun-20 18:53:09

Today I’ve seen someone else’s brilliant - and very simple - idea for using up my vast multicoloured stash of DK. Or most of it, anyway. It’ll have to wait until I’ve finished all current projects though - maybe another 3 months.
Then it’ll be time to start accumulating a whole new one! ?

Callistemon Thu 18-Jun-20 19:06:46

I'm wondering what the brilliant and simple idea is, Witzend

Witzend Thu 18-Jun-20 20:50:51

It’s a blanket, @Callistemon - all in garter stitch, more or less random 2 row stripes - in my case that’s going to be about 47 different colours, not that I’ve actually counted.
So apart from changing colours every 2 rows, nice easy brainless knitting in front of the telly. ?

I did wonder about sewing in all those ends, but I shall probably just knot them and make a fringe. Shall make it in 4 rectangles I think. I haven’t seen a pattern, just someone else’s pic.

It’ll be for Gdcs, since they do like something to snuggle under and it’ll be late autumn if not winter by the time it’s done. That’s assuming it turns out looking passable, of course, and not a candidate for the UFO bin.

Callistemon Fri 19-Jun-20 00:27:08

Ah! I've been crocheting blankets supposedly from the stash but just kept needing another colour! Yesterday I spent the whole afternoon sewing in ends on one I just finished.
I resolved that the last one will be a complete mishmash of leftovers, then I'll knit something for me.

Witzend Fri 19-Jun-20 08:22:33

A whole afternoon stitching in ends, @Callistemon, while your poor old wise men and shepherds etc. are still languishing in forlorn, unloved bits? They’re going to need therapy soon, I do worry about them!

Callistemon Fri 19-Jun-20 09:47:44

grin I look at them occasionally and talk to them, Witzend, they are very snug in their nice bag. I should block them.

TerriBull Fri 19-Jun-20 09:58:46

I've got an assortment of tea pots in various sizes, I wouldn't call them a stash exactly, I do like them displayed on my kitchen shelves, a couple were presents. Strangely I actually prefer coffee, but not so many cafetieres only the three!

Callistemon Fri 19-Jun-20 10:00:28

I confess.
I have a stash of tiny knitted pieces which are waiting to be sewn together to make a Nativity scene.
blush

Witzend Fri 19-Jun-20 13:48:27

One stash I don’t have enough of is stuffing. I thought I had loads for stuffing a large C-word item this morning - he’s supposed to measure 33 cm round both body and head, but he’s only measuring about 29, just not fat enough, b*gger it, so I’ve just ordered two big bags.

Was hoping to finish him today, so on with something else instead - just as well I’ve got a few things on the go.

NanaandGrampy Fri 19-Jun-20 13:58:27

So true Callistemon and even worse, I always have leftovers that aren’t quite enough on their own lol !

Callistemon Fri 19-Jun-20 14:03:57

Hurrah, I finished off a cardigan for DGD, sewed on the buttons as well, it's washed and pinned out on the blocking board. Will she wear it? hmm I will stick up to making blankets.
That's two things finished this week.
⭐⭐